Popular Tags: [View All]
Cedric Fanna
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Just 3 questions :

- how many elixirs, breads,... go to the bag when I start the game ?

- do I get the VP from Quest cards immediately when the quest is over or do I get them at the end of the game ? (I would say the 2nd option is correct)

- same question for crystals (and same feeling for the 2nd option).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
cedrox wrote:
- how many elixirs, breads,... go to the bag when I start the game ?

Zero - put any spare items back in the box. Unless of course you want to play a variant where you add them in the bag (or in the discard pile and put them in after the recycle chit is drawn).

cedrox wrote:
-- do I get the VP from Quest cards immediately when the quest is over or do I get them at the end of the game ? (I would say the 2nd option is correct)

Yes, VPs from Quests are at the end of the game.

cedrox wrote:
- same question for crystals (and same feeling for the 2nd option).

Same answer - they're scored at the end (in fact you won't be sure what value they have until the game ends ... as each delivered crystal and each time you draw the druid the chart is increased and usually the VP value of crystals increases.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Fanna
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Zero - put any spare items back in the box. Unless of course you want to play a variant where you add them in the bag (or in the discard pile and put them in after the recycle chit is drawn).

Well thank your for your help !

But I still wonder why the game provides so many items (6 would be enough for a 5 players game no ?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
cedrox wrote:
Quote:

Well thank your for your help !

But I still wonder why the game provides so many items (6 would be enough for a 5 players game no ?)

There's lots of spare chits if you check, JKLM didn't give me the limit of counters on a sheet (and to be fair I didn't ask as it was my first published game) so you've ended up with too many, which is better than having a 2nd sheet that's about 70% blank!

So you can experiment if you like, add in extra to the bag, or even put some on the roman camp at the start (see the variants for some ideas). You can also experiment with the extra resources in the same way too (or just keep them handy for spares to replace lost/damaged ones).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Fanna
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
which is better than having a 2nd sheet that's about 70% blank!

Funny answer but very useful for testing alternative options.

Thanks again for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.