Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Upon reading the rules I noticed what seems to be a contradiction, although I'm probably just missing something obvious.

Movement through a region containing an enemy Noble or city can't take place without their permission, yet the rules for battle indicate that a battle can only take place if you are in the same region with an enemy. Does this mean that you have to ask permission to battle? Or, do you simply move into an enemy area without permission as an act of aggression? Seems like this makes asking permission a moot point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Trigueiro
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- When you pass by an enemy area you have to ask permission.

- If you move into an area that contains 2+ other enemys you have to ask permission to all other: you are red and you move to an area with a green and a blue, if you want to attack blue you need green's permission.

So..if you move into an area and do nothing else you are free to do it.

hope i was clear :P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The permission is needed for moving through, i.e leaving the hex. You can always enter with or without permission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agentzen wrote:
The permission is needed for moving through, i.e leaving the hex. You can always enter with or without permission.

Careful with your phrasing here. If you start your movement in a hex with another player's noble, you don't need his permission to leave it. It's only if you are both moving into an enemy controlled hex and moving out of it with the same order. If you are only moving in with this order, or only moving out, there's no permission needed.

eLTi wrote:
- If you move into an area that contains 2+ other enemys you have to ask permission to all other: you are red and you move to an area with a green and a blue, if you want to attack blue you need green's permission.

Another clarification: you only need permission from another player to move through or to attack a city (p. 16 of the rules), not to start an open-field battle. You don't need permission from anybody to start an open field battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unitoch wrote:
agentzen wrote:

Careful with your phrasing here. If you start your movement in a hex with another player's noble, you don't need his permission to leave it. It's only if you are both moving into an enemy controlled hex and moving out of it with the same order. If you are only moving in with this order, or only moving out, there's no permission needed.

eLTi wrote:

Another clarification: you only need permission from another player to move through or to attack a city (p. 16 of the rules), not to start an open-field battle. You don't need permission from anybody to start an open field battle.

Thank you all for the assistance. Yes, the phrasing is critical as you and Aaron point out. I definitely have a better handle on battling and movement now. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.