Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the Outposts and Facilities of the Advanced Campaign (similar to RtL's Cities and Buildings respectively) and in RtL, there are 3 things you can do at these locations: Visit, Train and Restock. Visit happens if the party ends their week-turn at that city. Train is if they spend a whole week turn at that city/building, and Restock is if they visit the building while they're adventuring in the dungeon.

For Doom's advanced campaign, Visit and Train make sense (the squad will pass through outposts and spend game-week turns at outposts all the time), but Restock doesn't seem to make any sense. In Descent, the Town Portal allows them to go to the city in the middle of a dungeon. In Doom, there is no such thing as a town portal, you just go through a doom level until you get to the end.

So, I'm thinking about taking out Restock entirely from the Doom: Advanced Campaign. Any thoughts for not?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barney Bustoffson
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that leaving to restock is not really logical.... maybe some kind of supply area in the level can fill that gap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, for in-mission restocking, I was planning on each level having at least 1 Backpack, 1 Medstation and 1 Storage Container. The Backpack would have ammo, the Medstation extra health (probably 5), and the Storage Container specific things for that level. So, we may not need any reason to "restock", or go back to an outpost to fill up health/ammo/etc.

Done then, I'm removing the Restock option of an outpost's facility.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.