Deathride: Mars-la-Tour 1870» Forums » Rules

Subject: French leader activations from bivouac status (turns 1 & 2) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope we played this correctly: on the first French impulse, Hans activates Bazaine, and on his second (and subsequent impulses), he chooses to activate more leaders, one per impulse. The only time you roll for activation is from any Prussian activity (combat, movement, etc.).

The automatic (if slow & sequential) leader activation allowed the French to get their army moving fairly quickly.

Are we playing this correctly? How do French leaders activate on turns 1 & 2 (with Bazaine being the first to activate)? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have this doubt.

Bazaine can simply activate one French leader per impulse, removing the bivouac, and having them readyx for Turn 2. There's even time to move Frossard to Mars-la-Tour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Gonzalez
Portugal
Estoril
PORTUGAL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interesting!
Only after seeing this post I realized that we made the wrong procedure!

I have been rolling for the french commanders each impulse!

1-3 to activate (exept Frossard with 1-4).

As the rules are writting is easy to activate all french commanders by the end of 1st turn(!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.