Subject: numbers of possible steamjacks and teams rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Dysart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Assuming the arms shown on the back of the box accurately reflect the contents, there are

11 possible crushers
31 possible two-crusher teams

16 possible runners
120 possible three-runner teams

for 3720 possible teams.

I'm curious how the arms attach, and how durable they'll be when removed and replaced. I suspect anyone who paints the figures will have to pick teams and stick with them.

It shouldn't be difficult to create a card generator to make cards a la Warmachine for a given steamjack, listing that jack's stats and rules for its arms. Number the jacks and the cards, then flip or tap each jack's card after it's activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Grimstad
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The arms snap in I think from what I have heard/read elsewhere. I like the idea of cards for each jack to help you keep track. A single reference card(8.5x11) could probably do the trick though with all arms listed and tokens to place on icons on the card for each jack, or even dry erase markers like damage tracking in WM.

I had not done the math on the machines yet, but it does seem like a lot of possibilities, but some of them are less useful than others, so you won't see all of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.