Subject: Heroes of All Sizes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a new preview up at FFG: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=846
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leprechaun is about what I expected (3 Gold thing is a nice touch). Didn't expect the Ogre Chieftain to be able to use all his Monster Followers in the same battle, even if they are one-shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the Ogre Chieftain looks over-powered to me. Head straight to the dungeon, dominate every monster you meet until you have 20+ strength in followers, then go to the Treasure Chamber and slaughter the dungeon keeper, landing straight on the Crown of Command. 20 Strength in followers is not that much; that's not even enough to gain 3 Strength if they were used as trophies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I commented on this over on the FFG forums, seems to continue the trend of pumping out more and more powerful characters, leaving the base ones eating dust in the power-race. Ogre Chieftain and Ghoul have basically the same ability, except OC can use all his Followers in one go, Ghoul is limited to 1 per battle soblue .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
Do you think the Leprechaun gets 3 gold in the woods no matter what cards are in the space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alboy01 wrote:
Do you think the Leprechaun gets 3 gold in the woods no matter what cards are in the space.

I think it might be like the Druid's spell-refill, when you land in Woods, first gets your Spells/Gold, then do encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin TS
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wah... what a powerful ogre, even the leprechaun is nice..

with the leprechaun, this time we will really see shortage of gold and no more gold when players draw bag of gold adventure card..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jininthenet wrote:
with the leprechaun, this time we will really see shortage of gold and no more gold when players draw bag of gold adventure card..

Just wait 'til he draws Raiders...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
jininthenet wrote:

Just wait 'til he draws Raiders...

I'd settle for Fool's Gold as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Pranger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing with the Ogre Chieftain + Dungeon could make games very quick. Builds up strength a little and goes into the dungeon. Dominate a bunch of monsters. Use them all when he gets to the Dungeon Keeper(I don't think that's his correct name). Then teleports directly to the crown of command. and wins the game.

If playing with the dungeon, a banning of the Chieftain might be in order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin TS
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well, though powerful he is, there is still a chance for other powerful characters to challenge him, such as assassin or troll or dark cultist and prophetess... there is still a posibility for other characters to play their game to win it.. will see how it goes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how would the Ogre Chieftain's followers work if they got stolen? I've always played that if the Ghoul's followers get stolen, the new owner can use them exactly the same way that the Ghoul can. Would we do the same for the Ogre Chieftain? If the Sorceress steals two followers from the Ghoul and two from the Ogre Chieftain, how many can she use in a single battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin TS
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO, only ogre chieftain may use his followers the way his character was structured and theme, not other characters. That's why the ghoul and ogre are unique in thier own way because thats their special ability, not for others to emulate..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
I wonder how would the Ogre Chieftain's followers work if they got stolen? I've always played that if the Ghoul's followers get stolen, the new owner can use them exactly the same way that the Ghoul can. Would we do the same for the Ogre Chieftain? If the Sorceress steals two followers from the Ghoul and two from the Ogre Chieftain, how many can she use in a single battle?

They can't really get stolen. From FFG forums:

"Enemy and Animal Followers cannot be mesmerised unless the person who casts the spell is able to actually take them as Followers.

If a resurrected Enemy is discarded/lost it reverts to being an Enemy as it has already been resurrected and is no longer "dead".

You can lose them as "normal" Followers. To all intents and purposes they are Followers." (talismanisland)

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...

No Mesmerism would mean no Sorceress either. Ghoul could probably use Mesmerism on a Monster Follower of the OC, who vice versa could use it on a raised Monster Follower of the Ghoul. Not sure though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know. I've always played that a ditched Enemy Follower reverts to an Enemy, but I haven't seen any reason to disallow Mesmerism until now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
Good to know. I've always played that a ditched Enemy Follower reverts to an Enemy, but I haven't seen any reason to disallow Mesmerism until now.

I believe the reason is that Mesmerism requires the keyword Follower on the card. But only the Minstrel "simulates" a Follower keyword for his Animal Follower, for others it isn't there.

(if that makes any sense laugh )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.