Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franck@DoW
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

I plan to use the Treachery rules for the fist time next week-end.
There's a thing I can't find in the rules:
When the Overlord prepares his deck, is he supposed to inform the Heroes players about the cards he has swapped or should the treachery cards left unknown to get a "surprise!" effect when first playing them?

What about Dark glyphs from AoD?

Thanks in advance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herc du Preez
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
beewee wrote:
Hello
I plan to use the Treachery rules for the fist time next week-end.
There's a thing I can't find in the rules:
When the Overlord prepares his deck, is he supposed to inform the Heroes players about the cards he has swapped or should the treachery cards left unknown to get a "surprise!" effect when first playing them?

What about Dark glyphs from AoD?

Thanks in advance...

The rules don't say you have to show the heroes which cards you are swapping in. (at least that's my understanding) Though this could be a problem if you have a dishonest overlord devil

When we play, we keep what is chosen for treachery (including AoD dark glyphs) a secret so that we do get the surprise factor. Though the surprise is mostly gone after 1 cycle of the overlord deck.

Trust your overlord, he is not there to kill you, honest. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck@DoW
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avianfoo wrote:

The rules don't say you have to show the heroes which cards you are swapping in. (at least that's my understanding)
Though this could be a problem if you have a dishonest overlord devil

Or one that can't count ;-)
That's one of the thing that made me think that maybe Treachery cards had to be open (to check that the correct amount of treachery has been spent)

Avianfoo wrote:
Trust your overlord, he is not there to kill you, honest. devil

Do you mean : "Trust your overlord, he is not there to kill you honestly."?
By the way I sure can trust my overlord... That would be me devil

Thanks for the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
What about writing the names of the cards on papers, showing them the papers so that they can check the number, then handling them the appropriate paper when a swapped card is revealed ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMurray
msg tools
If you really must, let them see the overlord deck after the game is over. They can count the treachery then, and if the OL cheated they can issue any sanction they want. But honestly, if you have to put a system in place to prevent cheating, perhaps competitive board games aren't the right fit for one or more people in the group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.