Subject: 2nd and 3rd edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Torres
Spain
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone could tell me what is the difference between the 2nd edition and the 3rd edition?

THX a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The third printing (which I own) comes with slightly larger dice than the 2nd edition (which I've played). Otherwise they are identical (as far as I know).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Third edition, aka Twilight Struggle: Deluxe Edition will have a mounted mapboard, deluxe counters, and six new cards (which have not been made public yet).

As far as I know, there will be some card tweaks too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Matthews
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
Third edition, aka Twilight Struggle: Deluxe Edition will have a mounted mapboard, deluxe counters, and six new cards (which have not been made public yet).

As far as I know, there will be some card tweaks too.

Roger, the Deluxe Edition will actually be the 4th printing of the game. I think we changed the tournament rule from 2nd to 3rd, but whatever we did, it was not a big deal. The only major changes came in 1st to 2nd, and then there will be several extras in the Deluxe edition.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N P
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on the sneak peak of the cards? Is GMT worried about people complaining about them before the next edition is released and not buy the new version? I think the new cards are the main selling point for me to get the upgrade as I never had a problem with the map. Will they replace original cards or will they be added into the deck seperately? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Matthews
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Braveheart wrote:
Any news on the sneak peak of the cards? Is GMT worried about people complaining about them before the next edition is released and not buy the new version? I think the new cards are the main selling point for me to get the upgrade as I never had a problem with the map. Will they replace original cards or will they be added into the deck seperately? Thanks.

The work for the preview is done. I think they were going to roll the cards out 1 per week until the game comes out. I am not sure we have hit that deadline yet.

7 of the cards are new, and optional additions. 1 card is a redo of Aldrich Ames, which would optionally replace the original card.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Torres
Spain
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THX to all. And another question, if I purchase a second edition Twilight Struggle upgrade kit, what I would be purchasing? I would be able to play with it only with this stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N P
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carlos go to the Gmt website.

This update kit includes the Mounted Map, New Card Deck, and Rules & Charts included in the 2009 Deluxe Edition of Twilight Struggle, but not the countersheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N P
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason, thanks for the update. Just excited about all the new variations possible with the new cards. We plan on sorting the cards per each War and maybe picking one or two at random out of the 6 so that way neither player knows exactly what cards got placed in the deck.

I'm sure the Aldrich Ames will save a good 10 minutues of playing time as well and help the US a little as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Just paid for my pre-order from USA ($86.70 which approximates £58). I just hope it is worthwhile

Really looking forward to this game

Regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just traded for the third printing of the 2nd edition. I owned this game before, but traded it away because I didn't have anyone to play it with, but I'm going to actually make new friends if I have to, or wait for my 12-year-old to grow up so I can play this.

The upgrade kit mentioned above is $27. The deluxe edition counters are on sale for $7.00. The mounted map by itself is $14.

http://www.gmtgames.com/csearchs.aspx?Search=twilight+strugg...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McGlumphy
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already have the 3rd printing and have pre-ordered the deluxe upgrade. What makes the new counters better? Are they the same size and just thicker?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.