Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading how it might be a looooong time before Korea gets a fresh inking (if ever), I figured I'd create a short and sweet poll to gauge current demand since I see a lot of people asking about a re-print. There is no "no" or "maybe" answer because such data isn't useful for this poll.

CSW folks, if one of you could drop a note in the OCS folder over there, I'd love to have CSWorlders' input as well (not sure if they need to create a BGG account or not to answer a poll though).

Since there's already an OCS re-print title on the pre-order page, if there's enough demand (it would have to probably be in the 400s -- yikes!) it might help in getting Korea back to the printers sooner than later. A guy can always dream. laugh

Thanks for your input!

Poll: The Gamer's Korea: The Forgotten War (OCS) Pre-Order Question
If Multi-Man Publishing (MMP) put K:TFW up on the pre-order page, even if it was a straight re-print and you had to download the 4.x rules, incorporate the errata, etc. yourself, would you pre-order it?
If Korea: The Forgotten War (OCS) was available for pre-order, would you pre-order it?
Yes, even if it was a straight re-print.
Yes, but only if it was fully updated (4.x rules, counter corrections, etc)
      79 answers
Poll created by jyeackle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Foulke
United States
Bethel Park
PA
flag msg tools
Welcome to Friedey's!
badge
You want fries with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
How much work is involved in bringing it up to speed? How playable would a straight reprint be as-is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
engdy wrote:
How much work is involved in bringing it up to speed? How playable would a straight reprint be as-is?

As a straight reprint it should be fully playable.

To bring it up to speed, some of the counters would need to be corrected which I image would be the lions share of the work that needs to be done. The good news is that the rules are already done and available as a download (for 4.x) on The Gamers support page here, including the Korea specific playbook:

http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/ocs.htm
http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/korea.htm

As you can see on this link, the known errata is fairly small:

http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/ocs/OCSGenera...

I could me missing something though.

Since it wouldn't take much to bring a straight re-print up to speed for an end-user it might be more likely we'd see that instead of a re-done version.

Edit: Added a link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I want this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
kiraly wrote:
I just recently got a copy of this and I'd still pre-order a copy!

Note to self, find out where Kiraly lives and "obtain" copy of Korea: the forgotten war.

Hey Kiraly, where did you live again? ninja ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Having pretty much nothing (in terms of game ownership) for this particular conflict, I'd certainly order this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
Having pretty much nothing for this particular conflict, I'd certainly order this game.

I recently watched Pork Chop Hill again which helped drive up the urge to grab this title.

Here's a nice wiki list of other Korean War era films and TV shows:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Korean_War_films
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Schneider
Germany
Brühl
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like to see Dean's version of Vietnam.
The scale wouldn't be the first concern, I'd be happy with tactical as well as operational.
That said, I'd grab Korea without a second thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Runes wrote:
I would really like to see Dean's version of Vietnam.
The scale wouldn't be the first concern, I'd be happy with tactical as well as operational.
That said, I'd grab Korea without a second thought.
I'd love to see a TCS vietnam game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Schneider
Germany
Brühl
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too!
And if you have a look at the TCS folder on CSW, you might notice something pleasant at the top of the page.
I went there after posting here, and what do I see? A possible TCS game on Vietnam! In the Semper Fi! format.
There is hope!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Olivieri
Italy
Negrar, Verona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MMP would never rerelease a title without updating the rules and fixing errata. That just wouldn't be their style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's the "No, I already have it." choice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mummykitty wrote:
Where's the "No, I already have it." choice?

Why does there need to be one? How does a no answer help gauge how many people would pre-order the title?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Outlaw
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I voted yes, with updates, because there's no way Dean and the OCS team wouldn't push for, at the very least, those things.

Right now GB2 is on the preorder list and hasn't met it's numbers yet, though it should make it there in the next six or seven months (totaling a year and a half on the list). It's Eastern Front WW2 (a more popular setting than Korea), links with successful and still in print Case Blue, and has equally huge demand on the secondary market. I think MMP should wait and finish out that reprint first, and see how sales of that go before making the decision to reprint another game in the series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Ahhh, but GB was already reprinted Robert. Korea only had one printing.

Here's my two cents. if OCS wants new blood they must have something in print that is a good game with which to learn OCS.

People say Korea is an excellent game to learn OCS.

Now maybe, the OCS crew don't care if new folks join the club.

I hope they do and I hoepe this game get's reprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ftarzanin wrote:
I'm actually more interested in seeing Sicily reprinted but I've always been interested in combined arms (land/sea/air).

I've had an itch for that one too, ever since Kuhrusty mentioned it back when he was looking to get his feet wet with OCS. Being on an island with combined arms just sounds more enticing, even if it is more complex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case anyone who is subscribed to this thread hasn't seen it yet...

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/tabid/59/ProductID/219/Def...

OCS Korea Reprint!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Fragamemnon wrote:
I voted yes, with updates, because there's no way Dean and the OCS team wouldn't push for, at the very least, those things.

Right now GB2 is on the preorder list and hasn't met it's numbers yet, though it should make it there in the next six or seven months (totaling a year and a half on the list). It's Eastern Front WW2 (a more popular setting than Korea), links with successful and still in print Case Blue, and has equally huge demand on the secondary market. I think MMP should wait and finish out that reprint first, and see how sales of that go before making the decision to reprint another game in the series.

companies who dont print dont generate revenue.
They must have enough data on game sales by now to do a multi dimensional analysis of the sales data to infer some level of confidence of success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.