Doom: The Boardgame» Forums » Rules

Subject: Campaign play: Can marines have more than 1 of each weapon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played "The knee deep in dead" scenario and the marines won the scenario(I'm too young too die difficulty). So the campaign continues.

Can the marine with the chainsaw pick up the chainsaw in the start area of scenario 2 and have two chainsaws in case one of them should break?

Or can a marine only have one of each weapon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answer.

EDIT: Question was answered by a now deleted user and the answer was yes, a marine can have more than one of each weapontype.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What was the answer? I think "yes" but I'm not sure (never played the campaign version of Doom).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this question was answered by a deleted user and so was all his material. That is why there is no answer.

My second post looks kinda stupid as it stands now.

But the answer is Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I figured as much, since the "number of posts" at the top said 3 before I posted (and then said 3 after I posted, recounting and removing the deleted ghost-post).

Thanks

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also great to have a back-up should the first one jam :) (not chainsaw, obviously, but any other non-melee weapon)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nanninga
msg tools
mb
I actually used a house rule against it for exactly that reason: So the marines couldn't horde weapons and render the "weapons breaking" rule ineffective. Have yet to see how this really plays out, though.

Does anyone else disallow this? Has anyone had experience that indicates this would be a bad idea? (My reasoning was that weapons breaking due to a double roll of the miss icon is going to be a pretty rare occurrence already, and it will barely affect the game at all if the marines simply have a backup.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Guarcello
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I agree with Chris....the possibility to carry more than one weapon is a non sense....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaroslav Platash
Ukraine
Kyiv
flag msg tools
You may count such weapon as appropriate ammo token when pick up - in such way PC game works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.