United Kingdom
Wokingham
Berks
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The English rules say that there's a special edition of the game which has people coloured wooden figures instead of coloured cubes for the family members. Anyone know any details of where or how this special edition will be available?

Thanks,

Eisley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Go FC
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Be patient a few more days and keep visiting the geek. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sheahan
United Kingdom
Wokingham
Berks
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Good to see I'm paying attention and reading the rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca sparacello
Italy
torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this special edition in Essen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sheahan
United Kingdom
Wokingham
Berks
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too.

I had thought it was going to be a special edition for the first people who bought it so I wasn't expecting the extra cost. I was a bit disappointed that it was an extra 5 euros on the game especially when purchasing it direct from Queen at Essen (so they're not paying any margin to retail) but I did it anyway. I just wanted the little meeple and wasn't so fusssed about the special box.

The game's great though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Comparing the two editions at Essen, I much preferred the cubes. That meant I could wait to find out more information about the game before buying it, rather than having to get it there and then in case the special edition sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sheahan
United Kingdom
Wokingham
Berks
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd read the rules before Essen so I knew I was going to buy it. I think in my mind I'd already decided to get the meeple version too. Great game too - didn't disappoint like ast year's Batavia which sounded good in the rules but the game itself seemed so-so.

I've put my initial thoughts on Colonia on my blog: http://thegameofgaming.wordpress.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.