Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had orignially thought he was a self-centered, vain, narcissistic person who advanced because of his skin color by taking advantage of white guilt and affirmative action while constantly being lauded due to his personal charisma and speaking ability rather than his actual ability to accomplish anything of substance. I was wrong. HE IS THE MESSIAH!

I had orginally thought this official White House photo was staged. Obviously it wasn't.

I had originally thought this photograph was photoshopped. Obviously it wasn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm starting to think that Obama potentially won't be able to count on your support in 2012.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fortune
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Stare into my eyes and feel the irresistible urge to check out my profile overpowering you...
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you explain the precise process by which affirmative action affects the electoral process?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ExcitingJeff wrote:
Can you explain the precise process by which affirmative action affects the electoral process?

Ya know, I've been fairly disappointed with several aspects of the Obama administration so far (though I'd like to give him another 6 to 12 months rather than succumb to the cable news instant assessment mindset), but with all of the ridiculous, fabricated crap and way, way overwrought outrages that get made up about the guy on a daily basis, it's hard to even discuss the matter.

White guilt, death panels, and Obama-is-Hitler, right guys? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ExcitingJeff wrote:

Please don't hold my previous beliefs against me, I now recognize him as the Messiah and beg forgiveness from The One and his disciples. Before my awakening I had believed affirmative action helped in a number of ways.

Quote:
After two years he transferred in 1981 to Columbia University in New York City....Obama entered Harvard Law School in late 1988. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year,[32] and president of the journal in his second year.[33] During his summers, he returned to Chicago, where he worked as a summer associate at the law firms of Sidley Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990.[34] After graduating with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude[35] from Harvard in 1991, he returned to Chicago.[32]....For 12 years, Obama served as a professor of constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School; as a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996, and as a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004.[38]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

Unlike Bill Clinton, George Bush, Al Gore, John Kerry, - all of whom were pressed by the media to release/share their college transcripts John McCain (whose rank as a graduate is known) and all the attention paid to Sarah Palin's college oddessy http://a11news.com/621/palin-college-sarah-palin-college-ody... http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aYY9hiQd... http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message607958/pg1 - Barack Obama has never released his transcripts. Despite being President of Harvard Law review and professor of Constitutional Law, he has never written a single piece related to either the law or the consititution that received any possitive commentary for its intelligence or insight. In fact the only thing avaialable about his time at the Harvard Law Review is here
Quote:
[Carol Platt Liebau was first female managing editor of the Harvard Law Review;
It reminds me a little bit of my experience with him when he was president of the Harvard Law Review. You know, I hesitated to say a lot about this during the campaign because I really thought maybe it wasn't fair. That maybe, finally, when he got to be President, this would be a job big enough to engage and hold Barack Obama's sustained interest, because really, is there a bigger job out here? [...]
W]hen he was at the HLR you did get a very distinct sense that he was the kind of guy who much more interested in being the president of the Review, than he was in doing anything as president of the Review.
A lot of the time he quote/unquote "worked from home", which was sort of a shorthand - and people would say it sort of wryly - shorthand for not really doing much. He just wasn't around. Most of the day to day work was carried out by the managing editor of the Review, my predecessor, a great guy called Tom Pirelli whose actually going to be one of the assistant attorney generals now.

He's the one who did most of the day to day work. Barack Obama was nowhere to be seen. Occasionally he would drop in he would talk to people, and then he'd leave again as though his very arrival had been a benediction in and of itself, but not very much got done.

So, you know, you see that and you think, gosh, maybe that's the way the guy operates, hut then you figure ok, obviously he always had his eye on bigger and better things.

But now he's President...there really isn't a bigger or better thing.
full audio of that interview is here http://www.hughhewitt.com/blog/

I had thought that the opporutnities for advancement were predicated upon his race rather than his demonstrated ability, clearly I was wrong. It was simply destiny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
You show that straw man who's boss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ExcitingJeff wrote:
You show that straw man who's boss.

The question was asked by both Hillary Clinton & John McCain - "What has Barack Obama ever actually accomplished?" That question is as valid today as it was 12 - 18 months ago. He is a man of accolades, not accomplishments (accomplishments other than being elected).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
le_cygne wrote:
ExcitingJeff wrote:

Ya know, I've been fairly disappointed with several aspects of the Obama administration so far (though I'd like to give him another 6 to 12 months rather than succumb to the cable news instant assessment mindset), but with all of the ridiculous, fabricated crap and way, way overwrought outrages that get made up about the guy on a daily basis, it's hard to even discuss the matter.

White guilt, death panels, and Obama-is-Hitler, right guys? shake

YOU FORGOT WILLIAM AYERS REV. WRIGHT SAUL ALINSKY PLAYBOOK!

AAAAAAAAAAA!

AAAAAAAAAAA!

*aneurysm*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they should have given it to Bush for peacefully stepping down to make room for Obama to put in the two hard weeks of work that he did to get the prize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.