Catan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cities and Knights - Robber rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Dyland
Canada
flag msg tools
Just a question that I am unclear on.

If you have a active knight and someone places the robber next to a hex of yours adjacent to a active knight. Is that allowed.

Or as soon as that is done the knight chases the robber away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Syrovatka
Czech Republic
Beroun
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is allowed as the knight drives the robber away only by deactivating. But I have the old rules so I might be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deactivating a knight causes a knight to "do stuff". If it's not movement or going towards the defense of Catan, then that can be used to chase the robber away. The point is the knight's presence alone isn't enough to chase the robber away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destroyer of Islands
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Deactivating a knight causes a knight to "do stuff". If it's not movement or going towards the defense of Catan, then that can be used to chase the robber away. The point is the knight's presence alone isn't enough to chase the robber away.

Correct. The robber can be placed on a hex where there is a knight. Then on the turn of the player who owns the knight, that player can deactivate the knight to move the robber somewhere else (and steal, as usual). The player cannot, however, activate the knight and then immediately deactivate it to move the robber, since a knight can never be deactivated on the same turn it was activated on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.