Popular Tags: [View All]
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

I'm fairly sure I saw this somewhere here in the past but...

Where can I find blank d6 with inset sides? What I'm thinking of is like the die that comes with Bridge Troll, only blank, of course...

I've checked a few of the custom dice places, and dug around in the forums, but GAAAAA! just can't find it! I'm thinking it would be pretty handy to have a dozen or so of these on hand for trying out the various Print-n-Play games that need special dice (currently I'm messing around with Star Trader's Luck).

Thanks in advance for any advice (and/or abuse)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On BGDF there was apparently a big order made of them, and I think they still have extras, but I can't seem to find the thread (node?) right now.
http://www.bgdf.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Purcell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Hasbro sells dice very much like this with their Yahtzee Jr. Games. You may be able to buy them directly from their website as "replacement" parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane Doe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Nich bulk-ordered dice with indented faces a while back and is now selling them off; I think he is also the one who posted about this on BGDF. I've bought my Chunky Fighters dice off him and they're quite nice. If memory serves right, they come in sets of five each, one per colour: black, white, red, yellow, (light) blue. Even if he has no dice left in stock at the moment, there are plans to make another order for new colours some time before the end of the year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've got a Five Below anywhere near you, they're selling the Futurama version of Liar's Dice (Bender's somethingorother), the dice included with that appear to have inset sides (and stickers), but at $5 for 20 dice, it's not a bad deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Collins
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Anyone live near a Five Below? I'd make it worth your while!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Solitas wrote:
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Nich bulk-ordered dice with indented faces a while back and is now selling them off; I think he is also the one who posted about this on BGDF. I've bought my Chunky Fighters dice off him and they're quite nice. If memory serves right, they come in sets of five each, one per colour: black, white, red, yellow, (light) blue. Even if he has no dice left in stock at the moment, there are plans to make another order for new colours some time before the end of the year.

This is your best option right here.

I can guarantee that I have done many times more searching for these dice than you have. I spoke for a while with Hasbro, and their prices are alright, but you can't custom order specific colors or bulk sets. If you want to wait to find other games that use these dice and cannibalize them, you'll be waiting forever and spending a lot of money. I bought my indented dice from Nich. His prices are very, very reasonable and he is prompt and diligent.

Here's a photo:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
The themed Yahtzee sets have five and regularly show up at thrifts for very little $$. Some JR Clue and Jr Monopoly have singles as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kloth
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice.co.uk manufacture the dice that Nich ordered.
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

They come in White, Black, Blue, Yellow, or Red.

You can buy them from their education store (currently pack of 5 for £0.95 ).

If you need 1,000 you can buy them for a little over $100 plus shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I do in fact buy my dice from Dice.co.uk.
They require that you buy in trade order size lots.
I still have plenty of White, Black, Blue, Yellow and Red.

I also have another shipment coming in with 5 other colors that they're making me.
Green
Purple
Brown
Pink
Orange

They won't arrive for another 4+ weeks as they have to come across the pond. I'll be making a post when they come in.

I started using the Hasbro dice, but couldn't get them in big enough quantities for a reasonable price. So I buy from dice.co.uk in large lots, use what I need and parcel out the rest to others who want the dice.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kswingruber wrote:

I'm fairly sure I saw this somewhere here in the past but...

Where can I find blank d6 with inset sides? What I'm thinking of is like the die that comes with Bridge Troll, only blank, of course...

I've checked a few of the custom dice places, and dug around in the forums, but GAAAAA! just can't find it! I'm thinking it would be pretty handy to have a dozen or so of these on hand for trying out the various Print-n-Play games that need special dice (currently I'm messing around with Star Trader's Luck).

Thanks in advance for any advice (and/or abuse)!

You could order a Lego game, e.g. Minotaurus - those have a costomizable die coming along.

Look here:

If they are not available in your region, feel free to drop a note here on the boards - I'm pretty sure, there is going to be at least one gamer, that can get you your copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.