Subject: Some Pwnage combos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Westlake
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Have only played 5 or so games with the new expansion but the greater variety in Special Events and Role cards has made for some interesting combinations which just dominated.

Here was my favorite.

Medic and Generalist are getting ready to eradicate some nasty diseases in Asia after a cure was just discovered. Generalist on his turn has 2 Special event cards, Special Orders, and Borrowed Time. He sees a Medic in Asia struggling to control a deadly red virus, even after the cure has been discovered. He sees an opportunity. He uses Special Orderes to take control of the medic for a turn and decides to go ahead and use Borrowed Time as well to give himself extra actions. Since the generalist already has 5 moves, the special event will give him 7 total moves to use as the Medic for this turn.

RESULT: A 7-city clean up of Asia in a single turn with a post-cure Medic. WOW. I think we swiped 16 red cubes in a single turn with that AND WE ERADICATED. I felt so happy with the planning, strategy and executiong that I almost cried.

I heart this game.

So how many of you are having luck against 7 epidemics? Win percentage? New strategies? What about 7 epidemics with virulent strain?

I'd love to hear.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.