♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I suppose y'all remember when I started a new job about a month ago, right? It's a great job, especially when you compare it to my previous job. Even though my previous estimate of 42 days off a year was slightly off the mark (it's really more like 30), the staff, environment, and work is much more suited to me, and I've really enjoyed being there. There's just one problem:

I can't access BGG from work.

Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing; I've been more productive than I would have been if I could get to it, but it does really cut into the time I used to spend around here. I'm not really on the computer at home much (especially now that our router has gone down and I can't surf the net while watching television), and now that I'm taking three classes in addition to working, what time I do spend on the computer at home is spent on classes. In fact, I should really be rehearsing the speech I have in five hours instead of wasting time writing this. But really, this may be the only time this weekend I get to let you guys know about my upcoming absence.

The funny thing is that when I started working there, I couldn't access Facebook, but I could access BGG. Two weeks ago, the whole thing switched. They installed a new filter onto the network the weekend before the access switched, and I'd like to believe that's why the access switched, and that it wasn't the time I spent on the site.

Yeah, that's it.

So, my point is that you won't be seeing me around a whole lot from this point forward. You may see me on Facebook, if you're among my friends there, but even then, I won't be spending a lot of time there, either. Work is definitely keeping me busy. I'll still be around, though, just not nearly as much.

And I'm really bad at conclusions. In fact, I should probably work on the one for my speech, since I still don't think it's very strong.

L8R!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
so... Which Isaac Bickerstaff are you on Facebook?

I'm sorry you can't surf BGG while at work. Have you tried bgg.cc or board.geekdo.com?

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer. Real bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

We miss you!!! Come back!!! There's far too many weird snacks going around untasted and we need a victimqualified snack taster to taste them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Work is mean. Work makes you... work. yuk

Good luck at work! I hope to see your friday polls though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Eh. You rarely thumbed my posts anyways...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielfreak wrote:
Have you tried bgg.cc or board.geekdo.com?

+1

I was wondering where you were.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My god - I can only imagine how this must feel... I mean, if I couldn't get to BGG here at work, I just don't know how I'd pass the time.

(oh... right.... doing work I suppose... glad I can get to BGG instead!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I, on the other hand, am planning on being around quite a bit more than I have been of late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So long, and thanks for all the fish....and chips.

The interesting bit will be seeing what you do post after having no outlet for your insanity on a regular basis shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timotheous wrote:
I, on the other hand, am planning on being around quite a bit more than I have been of late.

A lot of us are, it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
did you try accessing the new geekdo.com ? Some people could access one but not the other, sooo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What you all don't realize is that Verkisto's new gig is retail/fast food. He's at the local 5 Guys flipping hamburgers. That's why he can't post cause he's on his feet all day working!

I know him personally and this is all a guise to deceive the BGG masses. I mean, he arrives at game days smelling like grease, bacon, mushrooms, and stuff.

Classes my foot. Double-cheeseburger please!

That's the real scoop.

~V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Valien wrote:
That's why he can't post cause he's on his feet all day working!

You mean he types with his feet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valien wrote:
What you all don't realize is that Verkisto's new gig is retail/fast food. He's at the local 5 Guys flipping hamburgers. That's why he can't post cause he's on his feet all day working!

I know him personally and this is all a guise to deceive the BGG masses. I mean, he arrives at game days smelling like grease, bacon, mushrooms, and stuff.

Classes my foot. Double-cheeseburger please!

That's the real scoop.

~V

Yeah.

Since you are revealing secrets should I tell everyone that your IT Recruiting job is an I(ncluding) T(arget) Retail Recruiting job? or should I just let them be surprised if they ask for your help laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I tried geekdo.com, boardgame.geekdo.com, bgg.cc, and every other convention I could think of. Nothing worked. Sigh. I think I've already gone through the shock, anger, and denial phases, so I'm well into the depression. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Valien wrote:

Man, that was ONE TIME, and I told you, my wife wanted the mushrooms on that pizza. I can't stand fungi. BLECH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Valien wrote:

Man, that was ONE TIME, and I told you, my wife wanted the mushrooms on that pizza. I can't stand fungi. BLECH.

But you eat the yeast that's in the pizza?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.