Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R Larsen
Denmark
Naerum (Copenhagen)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so just ONE more little question.

I know this has been asked before somewhere, but I cannot find it at the moment... When I place influence (using OPs from a Tyche card) how does this work across water? Same as land (I believe so - 2MP)? And if there are independent spaces on the way/between my already controlled space, and where I want to put my new marker? Does the Independent marker prevent this placement (as it would on land)?

Thanks once more.
Ras

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Shlepov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
We played Star Fluxx, Star Munchkin, Dixit, and, of course, Bomb Alley.
mbmbmbmbmb
See CLARIFICATIONS in the aforementioned document:

Quote:
7.5 Placing Control Markers in the Tyche Card Phase: Sea paths can be used to place control markers in the Tyche card segment. Trans-Mediterranean paths may not be used to place control markers.

ERRATA states:

Quote:
Example on page 5: The starburst faction can place a control marker via sea routes. So the black “N” on the Arados space should be a white Y.

As to Independent markers, there was some discussion over it at CSWF some time ago. Rule 7.5 says:

Quote:
The 2 MP path may not “jump over” a space containing enemy CUs, Independent Armies, or enemy control markers.

Rob Seulowitz who's one of the game' playtesters and I believe a sort of authority clarified here (http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@318.Oy4kahWZlqv.7@.1dd17...) that

Quote:
Independent Cities = "Enemy control markers" to all players.

So you can't jump over that space in order to place your marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Seifert
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. So, in the example of play, p. 25, how does Mark place a control marker in Lesbos without "jumping over" the enemy control marker in Ilium?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Drochak
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lesbos is 2 MP's away (using the sea zone) from Chersonesus which he already controls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.