Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My colleague was lamenting the really expired food in the fridge. She demonstrated by pulling out a package of english muffins and dropping one on the floor. It shattered like the T-1000. Unlike the T-1000, this wasn't even frozen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
My colleague was lamenting the really expired food in the fridge. She demonstrated by pulling out a package of english muffins and dropping one on the floor. It shattered like the T-1000. Unlike the T-1000, this wasn't even frozen!

What happened to your TTAM this week?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:

Yankee playoff win - what's to be annoyed about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
nycavri wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

Baseball = Game, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
She demonstrated by pulling out a package of english muffins and dropping one on the floor. It shattered like the T-1000.

Should have toasted it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
nycavri wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

It had been what? 4 years?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope she cleaned it up afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Force-feed them to the yogurt thief...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
erak wrote:

It's on hiatus. The well of original ideas is starting to run dry and I need to be a bit more positive for awhile anyways. If I had one though, it would be Sportscenter dedicating 23 minutes of every episode to Brett Favre talking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
erak wrote:

It's on hiatus. The well of original ideas is starting to run dry and I need to be a bit more positive for awhile anyways. If I had one though, it would be Sportscenter dedicating 23 minutes of every episode to Brett Favre talking.

Well continue to have Eggie substitute for you. She does a bang-up job!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
She demonstrated by pulling out a package of english muffins ...

Are you sure they weren't crumpets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
If I had one though, it would be Sportscenter dedicating 23 minutes of every episode to Brett Favre talking.

But he talks so well compared to all those snot-nosed youngsters who just repeat predictable sports cliche after sports cliche all saying the same thing and never really saying anything new or interesting. At least Favre has some insight, experience, perspective and something to say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
yohanleafheart wrote:
nycavri wrote:

It had been what? 4 years?

Do you mean the last time they managed to win a playoff game? No, that was two years ago, when they won one of four games against Cleveland.

Or do you mean the last time they actually won a playoff series (not that they've done that yet this year)? That was five years ago--three straight "one and done"s, followed by missing the playoffs entirely last year.

Perhaps you mean the last time the Yankees got to a World Series. That would be six years ago, when the Marlins beat them in six games.

Finally, if you mean the last time they won it all, you have to go back eight years.

I admit, it's been hard being a Yankee hater this year, with them winning 102 games (and my beloved Mets only staggering to 70). But the Bronx Bombers recent playoff stumbles have given me a great deal of enjoyment over the past few years, so I'm not willing to cede victory to them yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
blindspot wrote:
erak wrote:
If I had one though, it would be Sportscenter dedicating 23 minutes of every episode to Brett Favre talking.

But he talks so well compared to all those snot-nosed youngsters who just repeat predictable sports cliche after sports cliche all saying the same thing and never really saying anything new or interesting. At least Favre has some insight, experience, perspective and something to say.

What really grinds my gears are the constant updates on Tim Tebow, like no one else in college football has ever sustained a concussion. I'm getting so tired of the ESPN chirons that every fove minutes say something like:
"Tim Tebow took a sip of water."
"Tim Tebow ate his dinner."
"Tim Tebow tied his shoes."
"Tim Tebow walked to practice wearing pads."
"Tim Tebow's coach will decide later whether he will play."

All this fuss over the third-ranked quarterback in the FBS (Jimmie Clausen of Notre Dame and Kellen Moore of Boise State are 1 and 2, respectively). He's no longer the front-runner for the Heisman trophy, so why is so much attention being lavished on him? Bleagh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
blindspot wrote:
But he talks so well compared to all those snot-nosed youngsters who just repeat predictable sports cliche after sports cliche

I'm just here to help the ball club. I'll go out there and give it my best shot. Good Lord willin' things will work out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
What really grinds my gears are the constant updates on Tim Tebow, like no one else in college football has ever sustained a concussion.
[snip]
He's no longer the front-runner for the Heisman trophy, so why is so much attention being lavished on him? Bleagh.

He's popular. Popularity=viewers, viewers=advertising, advertising=cash. That's sports entertainment. Only for the athletes is it sports. For the rest of us, it's just entertainment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
I admit, it's been hard being a Yankee hater this year, with them winning 102 games (and my beloved Mets only staggering to 70). But the Bronx Bombers recent playoff stumbles have given me a great deal of enjoyment over the past few years, so I'm not willing to cede victory to them yet!

True, but I'll bet you the joy you feel over the Yanks' recent playoff woes are nothing compared to the joy I still feel over Castillo dropping that pop-up. (A-Rod's "clutch" hitting vs. the Mets. At long last we learn what happens when the unstoppable force meets the immovable object.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant the last time they won a game, thanks for the corrections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:

I bet she put the muffins back in the fridge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.