Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
WilfredoMolina wrote:
Is that possible during the game?

Why not?

It be dangerous though if the doors got blocked and it flooded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenks
Germany
Eckernfoerde
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
Lest we Forget
mbmbmbmbmb
I am dismayed that I can no longer remember how to work this out, but there is a (pretty small) chance that all gnomes will start in the same room...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jenkachu wrote:
I am dismayed that I can no longer remember how to work this out, but there is a (pretty small) chance that all gnomes will start in the same room...

You choose your start room with a roll of the die, right? (I own the game, but haven't played yet.)

In that case, the odds that all 8 gnomes in an 8-player game will start in the same room is 1/10000000.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The question, as far as I can tell, is not about them all starting in the same room, it is about them all being in the same room during the game. There is nothing that would prevent all of them from ending up in the same room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenks
Germany
Eckernfoerde
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
Lest we Forget
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
Jenkachu wrote:

You choose your start room with a roll of the die, right? (I own the game, but haven't played yet.)

In that case, the odds that all 8 gnomes in an 8-player game will start in the same room is 1/10000000.

Hmmm. I had it in my mind that the sums were a little more complicated than that... Maybe not.

ColtsFan76 wrote:
The question, as far as I can tell, is not about them all starting in the same room, it is about them all being in the same room during the game. There is nothing that would prevent all of them from ending up in the same room.

Whichever way you look at it, it is possible and legal, although maybe not the brightest move (unless you're fighting a timed event and being Very unlucky with the dice-rolling )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fivepast
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the rooms large enough to physically fit eight gnome pieces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fivepast wrote:
If they're very very good friends...kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenks
Germany
Eckernfoerde
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
Lest we Forget
mbmbmbmbmb
Fivepast wrote:

This one could fit 8 real gnomes laugh

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/438186

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jenkachu wrote:
iklinck wrote:
Jenkachu wrote:

Hmmm. I had it in my mind that the sums were a little more complicated than that... Maybe not.

There are no "sums" to worry about. Regardless of where the first gnome starts, the second gnome has a 1/10 chance of being in the same place, the third gnome a 1/10 chance, etc. There are 7 gnomes that have to match the first roll, each with a 1/10 chance of matching it, so it's 1/10^7 or one out of 10 million.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Jenkachu wrote:
iklinck wrote:
Jenkachu wrote:

There are no "sums" to worry about. Regardless of where the first gnome starts, the second gnome has a 1/10 chance of being in the same place, the third gnome a 1/10 chance, etc. There are 7 gnomes that have to match the first roll, each with a 1/10 chance of matching it, so it's 1/10^7 or one out of 10 million.
That's correct. If it's AND, the you multiply all the odds. Otherwise for OR, you add them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilfredo Molina
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb

I think room 5 can contain all of them but...um...cheek by jowl!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So the whole point of this thread was about seeing if you could physically fit 8 gnomes in a rooom? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilfredo Molina
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Well Mr. Brian....No. I just wanted an answer to my question. I think the answer is a yes. Then, I had prepared a complementary question:
If the active player (lets say the red one) plays a Crowbar item and declares the ATTACK GNOME action and all the other seven comrades have also a Crowbar item, how the game should continue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes no difference how many gnomes are in the room as you. Which one of the other seven did you choose to attack?

That player will reveal his crowbar as defence, and then you'll do the dice roll as per the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
So the whole point of this thread was about seeing if you could physically fit 8 gnomes in a rooom? shake
I've seen MUCH WORSE on BGG before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.