Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hoping to get a clarification on how formations are defined.

Say I have a line of adjacent units A,B,C,D,E with the leader on C. Can I activate all five units together, or only ABC or CDE. The rules and examples of play never explicitly say you can activate units on both sides of your leader, so I just want to be sure.

Thanks!
-=Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jglazier wrote:
The rules and examples of play never explicitly say you can activate units on both sides of your leader, so I just want to be sure.
Rule 6.2, defining the meaning of 'Formation' mentions nothing whatever about the leader's position, excepting that he must be stacked with one unit. What makes you think his position on the formation is important?

EDIT: For clarity, the answer is 'All at once, or any from the formation'. I've never seen any rule suggesting otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf is correct. The location of the leader within the formation is not relevant toward the formation's activation ... he just needs to be stacked somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
What makes you think his position on the formation is important?

I just wanted to make sure, that's all. The rules and all examples of play just describe a leader activating units to one side of him. I think this could be a little clearer, that's all.

Or maybe I'm just obtuse.

Thanks for the help, both of you!

-=Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.