Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Mays
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I am reading through the rules and it says that "During the trader phase, the owner of a trading post may sell 1 additional good from his production buildings."

Then, It gives the example: Todd owns a trading post and sells...
-as the trader, up to 2 goods
-as non-trader, up to 3 goods
-as trader with a library, up to 4 goods

Now, the trader privilege is selling an additional good, so in the example, shouldn't it read that the trader sells up to 3 goods and the non-trader can sell up to 2 goods?

The wording for the Aquaduct is similar, so if it is a mistake, it is in both places, if not, what am I missing?

Thanks, I'll take my response off the air.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
My rulebook example has your #1 & #2 examples reversed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mays
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using the pdf from their website:

http://riograndegames.com/uploads/Game/Game_170_gameRules.pd...

as I have not received the game itself as of yet (in route from trade), so maybe the error has been fixed in printed rules. If I am understanding your "#1 & #2 reversed" correctly.

Man, there are days when I feel like such a dumbass. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
GrrBlarg wrote:
I am using the pdf from their website:

http://riograndegames.com/uploads/Game/Game_170_gameRules.pd...

as I have not received the game itself as of yet (in route from trade), so maybe the error has been fixed in printed rules. If I am understanding your "#1 & #2 reversed" correctly.

Man, there are days when I feel like such a dumbass. shake

No, you're not a dumbass, you understood me correctly.

I checked your link and that is different than the actual rulebook. I can see why you weren't sure about the rule. The first part of the top two lines were switched. The pdf from the website is wrong.

It's a really good game. Hope you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mays
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THANK YOU! I am looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kleiner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
The Aquaduct means that if you aren't the one who chose Producer for the role instead of Producing just one building, you can produce two buildings and yes one other card is if you have the Well Building you get a free card if you produce two or more buildings similar to Poor House if you build a building and are down to zero cards or one card in hand and similar to Carpenter if you build a Violet Building and get a free card.

Back to Aquaduct where if you aren't Producer you get to produce 2 cards and if you are the Producer with Aquaduct then you get to Produce 3 and with a Library its 4. Plus if its a Library and no Aquaduct then its 3 if you are the Producer.

Plus as far as Trading Post goes, if you aren't the Trader then its 2 you can trade and get lots of cards and if you are the Trader then its 3 and Trader with a Library and Trading Post its 4 and Trader with just the Library its 3. Its easy to understand this and there are two Market Buildings where you get an extra free card for one trade and another Market Building for two trades or more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toebus
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Best card in the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Trading Post & Aquaduct question
I was just reading the rules and had this same question as it's still incorrect in the PDF online.

Hard to believe it hasn't been corrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.