Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend invited me to the Rutgers game tomorrow. I checked the map and the stadium is only 2.5 miles from the train station, so that's an easy enough walk for me. What's this? I pass the Grease Trucks along the way? This could be trouble...

To date, I have had 2 sandwiches from the Grease Trucks. One was a Philly cheesesteak with mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers and fries on a hero. The other was a double bacon cheeseburger with two fried eggs, fries and tzaziki sauce on a hero. Now all of you wish you were going to the Rutgers game with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
A friend invited me to the Rutgers game tomorrow. I checked the map and the stadium is only 2.5 miles from the train station, so that's an easy enough walk for me. What's this? I pass the Grease Trucks along the way? This could be trouble...

To date, I have had 2 sandwiches from the Grease Trucks. One was a Philly cheesesteak with mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers and fries on a hero. The other was a double bacon cheeseburger with two fried eggs, fries and tzaziki sauce on a hero. Now all of you wish you were going to the Rutgers game with me.

Ahem.....in Florida (in the city where I grew up) we called them Roach Trucks.

That is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
(...) cheesesteak with mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers and fries on a hero. (...) double bacon cheeseburger with two fried eggs, fries and tzaziki sauce on a hero (...)

I stand confused

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yohanleafheart wrote:
erak wrote:
(...) cheesesteak with mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers and fries on a hero. (...) double bacon cheeseburger with two fried eggs, fries and tzaziki sauce on a hero (...)

I stand confused

Hero
Sub
Grinder
Hoagie
Po’ Boy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not what confuses me (although I can appreciate your bewilderment at the many titles we Yanks have for sandwiches on Italian bread). What confuses me is that Erak is talking about a cheesesteak that also includes cheese sticks, chicken fingers, and fries on the same sandwich??? Or two hamburgers, cheese, bacon, TWO eggs, and fries, also on the same sandwich? And you're looking forward to consuming these monstrosities (presumably by unhinging your jaw like a snake)?????

gulpshakegulpshakegulp

I must also take Amy to task for not using a beloved Chit-Chat meme when giving the synonyms for a hero. After all, you sometimes call one a submarine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
I must also take Amy to task for not using a beloved Chit-Chat meme when giving the synonyms for a hero. After all, you sometimes call one a submarine.

Who says "submarine" when one can be lazy and say "sub"? Do you still talk on the telephone? Or even say you ride the omnibus? Of all languages, English is the one that is the most shortened and otherwise abbreviated. Is that in the manner of Old Kinderhook with you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
That's not what confuses me (although I can appreciate your bewilderment at the many titles we Yanks have for sandwiches on Italian bread). What confuses me is that Erak is talking about a cheesesteak that also includes cheese sticks, chicken fingers, and fries on the same sandwich??? Or two hamburgers, cheese, bacon, TWO eggs, and fries, also on the same sandwich? And you're looking forward to consuming these monstrosities (presumably by unhinging your jaw like a snake)?????

Don't knock it till you tried it. There's a reason meatheads and hippies coexist in perfect harmony there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
yohanleafheart wrote:
erak wrote:

I stand confused

Hero
Sub
Grinder
Hoagie
Po’ Boy

But what does saving a cheerleader has to do with with buns? Ah.. Oh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
Larry Levy wrote:

Who says "submarine" when one can be lazy and say "sub"? Do you still talk on the telephone? Or even say you ride the omnibus? Of all languages, English is the one that is the most shortened and otherwise abbreviated. Is that in the manner of Old Kinderhook with you?

Want some za, Am?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
amwiles wrote:
Larry Levy wrote:

Want some za, Am?

Yeh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yohanleafheart wrote:
erak wrote:

I stand confused

I stand on my feet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:

Lucky for me, I will be able to sample some of the leftovers by licking his shirt afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
erak wrote:

That is all.
Ahem to you... It was Roach Coach when I lived there. (Miami that is)

it's got that rhyming flow to it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
What confuses me is that Erak is talking about a cheesesteak that also includes cheese sticks, chicken fingers, and fries on the same sandwich??? Or two hamburgers, cheese, bacon, TWO eggs, and fries, also on the same sandwich? And you're looking forward to consuming these monstrosities (presumably by unhinging your jaw like a snake)?????

Not only that, but he'll be walking about a mile or so to eat that monstrosity, and then walking another mile or so afterwards to get to the game. I hope he's budgeting a lot of time in the intervals for digestion, etc. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, I enjoyed the Fat Philly - a cheesesteak with gyro meat, tzaziki sauce, chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks and fries. The best bites were the ones that combined the cheesesteak with gyro. So good. Sat like a brick in my stomach the whole ride home.

They had some new ones that I wish I saw before I ordered mine though. One was hummus, chicken fingers, bacon, cheeseburger, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L C

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
For the record, I enjoyed the Fat Philly - a cheesesteak with gyro meat, tzaziki sauce, chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks and fries. The best bites were the ones that combined the cheesesteak with gyro. So good. Sat like a brick in my stomach the whole ride home.

They had some new ones that I wish I saw before I ordered mine though. One was hummus, chicken fingers, bacon, cheeseburger, etc.

I think sometimes Erak's stomach gets switched out for a black hole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I think the worst thing about being a crime boss would be having to write performance reviews for all of those career criminals.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:

I grew up in Tulsa, OK, and these mobile kitchens came around to different places I worked over the years. Most people called them "Roach Coaches". They had really good cooked food, and some of them even carried healthy items like fresh fruit, yogurt cups, trail mix, and so forth. Surprised me when I actually checked one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cooler king wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
erak wrote:

That is all.
Ahem to you... It was Roach Coach when I lived there. (Miami that is)

it's got that rhyming flow to it

You're right!! I knew I was forgetting something about the name!! Oh yeah, Roach Coach!!!

kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

I grew up in Tulsa, OK, and these mobile kitchens came around to different places I worked over the years. Most people called them "Roach Coaches". They had really good cooked food, and some of them even carried healthy items like fresh fruit, yogurt cups, trail mix, and so forth. Surprised me when I actually checked one out.

You haven't seen the FLorida ones though have you? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here we call them Taco Trucks. Because they say "tacos" on the side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Dunne
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roach Coach, Gut Truck, Burrito Wagon, all names I have heard used before. But it is my understanding that the ones Erak refers to are named "The Grease Trucks", and it is not just a moniker but the actual business name. They have been featured on a show I watched on Food Network and it went on about the crazy sandwiches they made there. They called them fatwiches or big ass sandwiches or something like that.

Edit, just found a yelp page and of all things a wiki page on them, they are called fat sandwiches, and have names like fat brian, or fat dave, that kind of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.