Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just a stupid thing that struck me a year ago or two, and I just thought I'd ask to see if anyone can make me scrap this.

Straight to the point: Does FFG use the WoW:board card printer any longer?

When I got WoW:tbg one of the first things I noticed were the small cards that were really hard to shuffle. Years later I got WoW:tag that had the same size of cards, but were much easier to shuffle. Instead of a completely flat surface, they were a bit… bubbly, so to say.
When I bought the Talisman Upgrade pack I realised they had exactly the same type of card there. So I started to wonder if perhaps they had stopped using the "old" card printer, and the reason they have trouble expanding the game is such a wordly thing that they stand between the choice of printing on another place than they do now, or reprint all small cards that have to be shuffled with the base set.

However, that's just an assumption based on the FFG games I have. So… I was wondering about the others. Has anyone seen those flat, hard-to-shuffle small cards from recent FFG prints?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkham Horror expansions still use the non-linen cards they always have, so clearly that's not the reason for the delay in the WoW:TBG expansion... My guess is that, more likely, it's either perceived lack of demand, or game balance issues.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that's as much a reply as I'll ever need. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the last official word, from FFG, was that Scion of Darkness is 'on hold' not cancelled.

More details in the WoW:TBG forum on the FFG site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.