Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Space Hulk (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Starting Blips rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
40k bolter
msg tools
i was wondering what is right about the starting blips
is it...

1. the genestealer player puts the starting blips out side a genestealer spawn point before the start of the game or.

2. the genestealer player puts the starting blips on the first square of the genestealer spawn point or.

3. none of the above and starts the game on the his or her turn with the starting blips and the reinforcement blips (example 4 blips, 2 starters and 2 reinforsment.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Wong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been doing it as #2 so far, but I cannot definitively quote you a rule.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cygnus 2112
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive been playing it as 1. Assuming that the blips are part of set up and thus the SM player knows where the first ones are entering during the first turn
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vezner
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's #1. First the marines set up, then the genestealer places starting blips, then the marine begins his first turn. You place starting blips like reinforcement blips, outside an entry area. But note that your turn one reinforcement blips are still placed at the beginning of the first genestealer turn.

Mission book, p. 9:

"These [starting] blips are set up in the same manner as reinforcement blips, after the Space Marines have deployed."
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
40k bolter
msg tools
kvezner wrote:
It's #1. First the marines set up, then the genestealer places starting blips, then the marine begins his first turn. You place starting blips like reinforcement blips, outside an entry area. But note that your turn one reinforcement blips are still placed at the beginning of the first genestealer turn.

Mission book, p. 9:

"These [starting] blips are set up in the same manner as reinforcement blips, after the Space Marines have deployed."


Thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal

Michigan
msg tools
mb
40kbolter wrote:
i was wondering what is right about the starting blips
is it...

1. the genestealer player puts the starting blips out side a genestealer spawn point before the start of the game or.

2. the genestealer player puts the starting blips on the first square of the genestealer spawn point or.

3. none of the above and starts the game on the his or her turn with the starting blips and the reinforcement blips (example 4 blips, 2 starters and 2 reinforsment.



So for example, for Mission 1, Suicide Mission, the genestealer player gets to place 4 blips on their first turn? I.e. start with 2, then immediately get 2 reinforcements?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hal wrote:

So for example, for Mission 1, Suicide Mission, the genestealer player gets to place 4 blips on their first turn? I.e. start with 2, then immediately get 2 reinforcements?


Yep - it goes:

Marine deploys
GS plays starting blips
marine turn
GS places two more blips (the 'per turn' ones)
GS player turn
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.