Subject: Coulde we have a vote on this one. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Usually the Geek is very good for finding out if a game might be fun or if you should rather save your money.

Sometimes however opinions are so far apart that you get none the wiser.

Like this game, found it in an on-line shop and it seemed pleasantly priced, which is starting to indicate to me the game might not be that good, but I liked the theme so I wanted this game to be good one.

After reading Tom Vassels review I was very enthousiastic about it.Wow that looked like a great game.

I like Tom, well I don't know him, but he seems like a nice guy and I enjoy his reviews. Allthough sometimes I can't escaped the feeling that he gets carried away by his enthousiasm and is more positive about a game than it deserves. (than again it is his personal opinion).

I must admit one thing that slightly put me off, were the game components i.e. the err let's call them pawns.
Cardboard thingies you stick in a base, and the gameboard, I could just see all them loose tiles be blown about the table...and seems to me they could have been a bit larger to accomodate more 'pawns'.

So I read a view more reviews and was surprised that such wellknown (well you tend to run into them quite a lot on this site) names like Pardoe and Schloeser had a totaly different, negative, opinion of this.

So I would be interested, what, so many years later, the opinion about this game will be.
I have a suspicion they never got it on the table again.

For the moment, all be it cheap 7.25 euros, I'm not sure if I should go for it, as I'm not really convinced by the components, I may give it a miss for now. Pitty that, I really like the subject and the idea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.