Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Townshend
United Kingdom
Henlow
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scene:- CCM scenario 14 At the Crossroads

Turn marker = 0 (still 2 events til German reinforcements)

Game type = Vassal Solitaire

(click to enlarge)

As you can see I decided to concentrate most of the Poles centre/left rather than in the gully`s. This was so the LOS restrictions would not hinder their greater available firepower. Also the plan is to flank left and drive for the bottom of the map after clearing Sgt Bierman (mortar spotter) and the house.

(click to enlarge)

In prior rounds they had pummelled the poor Germans in the house eliminating the defending squad and LMG and breaking SGT Bierman. The Germans got lucky on the last attempted flanking maneuver by rolling a wire event in the road and causing an overstack situation (hence the Polish half squad) and a direct hit with their mortar on the Polish commander which broke him(and he failed a Recover check). This has potentially backfired however as this has produced an Uberstack which has just moved into Advance range of them. Their line of retreat to the foxholes has now been cut off by those sneaky flanking Poles, so they are gonna have to "duke it out"

Question:-

In my opinion it would be better for them to Op Fire the approaching Uberstack in a vain attempt to break as many of them prior to the impending assault(bearing in mind that the airborne squad+Lmg in F 1 has also been activated to move and will be piling oner the hedge towards them soon also)
Their only other are option is to hold on to the Ambush for the up coming melee as far as I see it.

What do you think ?

PS: I know this is strictly a CCM tactics post but this forum gets a lot more traffic and the participating nations are academic really.

PPS: Dont you just love those Polish counters ...Nice one Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who has the Initiative card?

I'd go for the Ambush action. At least there you know you will break one of their units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Townshend
United Kingdom
Henlow
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Germans have the Initiative card.

Good point though, I always forget about the reroll option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably better to go for the Ambush. That will give guaranteed closer odds for the Melee and the IC means you might win: that's three units dead which is a good kill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DT Dyer
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That initiative card is key especially when the VP disparity is large.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.