Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm after one 5-players game. We had some issues with chaos in the world map. But it's probably specific for 5-players game. That was our first game so we didn't know how to play it. It was fun, but we had two issues with the game.

First one, already mentioned on the geek are resource tokens. Martin Wallace said that he likes to think that all resources are limites, so if tokens run out, you can't earn them at the end of the turn. It would not be an issue, if not that most of tokens in 5-player game were laying on the trade box. They're returned to the bank at the beginning of the next turn. You earn resources at the end of the turn, so it was probable that there will be only few of them at the end of the turn. Very frustating (We've returned them to the bank at the end of the turn)

Second issue is choosing turn order. It is very profitable to be last to make your actions - at least when it comest to world map. But you want to be first if you want to take cities or development tiles. But it's hard to make such a decision when you don't see what coming up in next turn. Ok - cities are always the same, so you can flip them. Same with developments in B turn of each era. Half of current era's developments came out in A turn, so you know what will come out in B turn. So why not to know what is coming out in A turn? Territories are less problem I think.

Both of those minor issues can be 'repaired' with moving phase 5 (New tiles - when you flip over tiles from current turn and clear the trade box) before phase 8 - Income.

I'll try it next time I play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the removal of resource discs from the trade track. Seems to be an oversight from the developers/publishers. Not sure what I think of revealing the progress tiles. I think I will go with the rules as stated. You will simply have to choose what is most important to you, get a possibly great progress tile or placing your action markers last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Ammendola
Italy
Vimercate
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are talking about resources issue in this thread
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/449454

As I have written I agree that it's better to clear the trade track before income phase. Let's hope for an "official" answer, if it is an "errata" of rules, ok, I will play with the "errata", if they confirm that the sequence of actions are as described in the rules....I don't know, usally I don't like "house rules".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my little tweak that I'm going to try next time I play:
At the end of each era, each city tile you own allows you to "save" one population cube on the map. So before you lose half of your cubes from each region, you find a region where you would lose more than half of your cubes (i.e. 7 cubes in one region, you would lose 4) and use a city tile to spare one of those cubes so that only 6 would count. You would then lose only 3 cubes.
I thought this would give city tiles an added slight benefit that affects the world map. I feel the city tiles should give a little more than what you normally get with them considering their cost.

Thematically, let's say a city tile can hide or protect one person from the hardship of war.

We'll see how this plays out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.