Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Invasion is round the corner here in the UK (being released on 12/10/09), I'm looking for some sort of card storage solution to, obviously, store the ton of cards. I also need a deck box that can hold up to 100 sleeved cards (the biggest deck possible for W:I).

Recommendations that feature fantastic art most welcome, especially if it's kinda generic (ie not Magic).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Haggard
United States
New Whiteland
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A standard shortbox (1000 cards) will hold the cards nicely. IMHO 100 cards decks would be overkill. All of our current games have been 4 players, 60 cards. That seems to be a good fit for this format and no one has been decked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Echtalion, the only issue you're going to have is storing the Capital cards which won't fit in anything but a decent-sized box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wene
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
comicthoughts has created a pdf of card sized capital board. It certainly helps with storage and transportability, IMO.

File is here (I think):

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/47851

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Echtalion, the only issue you're going to have is storing the Capital cards which won't fit in anything but a decent-sized box.

When looking at pics, I thought that they were just card-size. Imagine my surprise when I saw how monstrously big they were.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wene
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

Did you mean 'decent-sized'? Or Descent-sized? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

Anthony - I haven't seen the game on the store shelves yet - how sturdy is the box the game comes in? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Strom40 wrote:
wytefang wrote:

Anthony - I haven't seen the game on the store shelves yet - how sturdy is the box the game comes in? Thanks!

It's basically the same as any other FFG box. Which means it's pretty sturdy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My idea is to store the (sleeved) cards (they don't have the quality of the linen cards used in TOI, Middle-Earth Quest, Anima, etc.) shake in the box, maybe within another box-to keep them tidy, or perhaps using card to make several partitions.

This along with getting a couple of deck boxes for my constructed decks, ready for battle.

Now multiply this by two (as I'm getting 2 core sets), and that's what I've thought of so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.