mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize ahead of time if these clarifications and questions were obvious. This a more a list of items that confused me on a first reading the rules. If anything I say here isn't correct, please let me know. Thanks.

1. Resupplying and Famine

In the resupplying phase, one must supply every one of their huts, including ones built in previous turns. I was confused about this one because when placing huts we are encouraged to keep the huts at the bottom of the hexes so that we can show they are resupplied by moving them to the center. The english rules do not explicitly say to move previous built huts to the bottom of the hexes as well.

2. Wells

The rules state:
The Rules state: wrote:
Wells are placed at the intersection of 3 hexagons on which the player currently owns a hut.

Initially I felt that this meant I just needed a hut on one of those 3 hexagons and the "intersection of 3 hexagons" was just specifing where to place the well. I believe one must have a hut in each of those 3 hexagons.

3. Build / extend a ziggurat

This questions is in regards to how many of these actions can be done. I believe that I cannot extend any ziggurat on the turn I build it and I may extended each of my previously existing ziggurats by one level.

4. Buy a Plow card

The play may buy ... a Plow card if one is still available and if the player doesn't have one yet.
Note:... You also can't own two Plow cards at the same time

My question here is probably some translational error or something that didn't get removed from a previous version of the rules.
If a player does not have a plow card, isn't it guaranteed that there will be one available?
(I just want to make sure I didn't miss something elsewhere in the rules.)
In an early version of the game, could a player have more than one plow card. The scoring at the end seems to suggest that:
Each player scores 1 point per Plow card.

I think that is all for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Keen
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
www.punkzter.blogspot.com
badge
It's a horse. On a chair.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Correct. All of your huts must be resupplied or they will be removed. And you must resupply them if you can.

2. Right again. There must be a hut in each of the 3 hexagons. And, don't forget that a well cannot be placed adjacent to a Ziggurat (not as big of an issue) or between the rivers.

3. Correct. The only stipulation is that, in this turn, if you just built a Ziggurat, you cannot extend it. And you can only extend each of your ziggurats once per turn. I.e. you could extend all of your previously built ziggurats once if you wanted to.

4. I think that these are just translation issues. You may only have one plow card at a time. And, there are a number of plow cards equal to the number of players. I'm not sure why it is worded that way, but your ultimate understanding of the rules is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
1. Resupplying and Famine

From the rules (in the End of turn section)

Quote:

All players put their huts back at the bottom of
their hexagons so that they won’t hide the resources. A new
turn begins.

2. Wells

The example for the huts is clarifying this point.

Quote:

Wells: Blue may build a well at the intersection of huts A, B and
C; the player places a grey disc there.

3. Build / extend a ziggurat

From the rules

Quote:

A ziggurat can only be extended by one level per turn
(however, adding a level to several ziggurats is allowed, as
well as building a ziggurat and extending other ziggurats
with one tile in the same turn).

So it is not possible to add a new Ziggurat and expand it in the same turn, you're right...

4. Buy a Plow card

You're right, in a previous version Pox cards were different. Any way, it doesn't change anything since you still earn 1 per plox card...with a maximum of one

So in the end you were right on all points ! Thanks Bradley !

REgards,
Cyril
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schuk
France
Mulhouse
flag msg tools
Les règles tiennent sur un ticket de bus.
badge
Ce jeu, c'est simple.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another question about wells... (actually, it is rather a confirmation request, as I don't see anything in the rules that rules that move out)

Is it possible to dig a well just besides another well? (on two adjacent angles of one hex?) If that's the case, is it possible, in one single turn, to dig two wells with just 4 huts? (1, 2 and 3 forming one triangle, and 1, 2 and 4 another triangle)

Thank you for your answer... and for the game, that after one play I must say I quite like already
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, this is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Kuriata
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

For a 2 player game, the manual says:

"When counting in Assur (...). The second player wins nothing in the 1st Reign, and the value of the lowest card in the other 2 Reigns"

Does it refer to a position next to the beard or value of a card? Example, if the cards are - top to bottom - 4 / 2 / 3 - does the second player get 2 or 3 points?

Flood/Dignitaries.

1. Highest dignitary

Only here it is mentioned "Once the bonuses have been counted, everybody gets their huts back". It's written in the "higher dignitary section, not in the general section before it, so it's a bit confusing. Are huts removed from ALL dignitaries, or just the higher dignitary?

Kind regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schuk
France
Mulhouse
flag msg tools
Les règles tiennent sur un ticket de bus.
badge
Ce jeu, c'est simple.
mbmbmbmbmb
- 'lowest' refers to the lowest value. So the second player in your example scores 2.

- the huts are removed from all dignitaries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horst Timcke
Germany
Freiburg im Breisgau
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
--> 1.....And you must resupply them if you can.

Does this include using the plow card and the joker card?

Means: You have to use your plow card, when you have to 'feed' your huts and no other card fits??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you must spend your joker/plow cards if you have hungry people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.