Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory Dawson
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
These rules are a little fuzzy to me all over, even though the game itself is a blast trying to figure them out.

I see in the rules that moving diagonal is adjacent. Is attacking the same? I think we have this incorrect allowing ourselves to attack/exorcise from a center point in front of a board to go after all three ghosts.

Also, does putting the token on the space that reduces resistance lower a ghost to zero thus not needing to roll any successes when attempting an exorcism?

Man, our group would have benefitted from a demo at GenCon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vscory wrote:
These rules are a little fuzzy to me all over, even though the game itself is a blast trying to figure them out.

I see in the rules that moving diagonal is adjacent. Is attacking the same? I think we have this incorrect allowing ourselves to attack/exorcise from a center point in front of a board to go after all three ghosts.

Movement one space is not the same as adjacency.
Ghost stones are only adjacent to the village in front of them.
Therefore the center village can only attack (and be attacked) by the center ghost on the taoist board.

The corner villages squares are adjacent to the left ghost of one board and the right ghost of the other nearby taoist board. You cannot attack from the corners into the center.

Quote:
Also, does putting the token on the space that reduces resistance lower a ghost to zero thus not needing to roll any successes when attempting an exorcism?

Semi-correct. While you don't actually require a roll, you still must perform the roll in order to kill the ghost (they don't just die out of lack of will power). The main reason for this is that if you are on a corner with two ghosts it is possible that you are required to kill both ghosts due to the die roll. You might not WANT to kill the second ghost, but if you roll the necessary required colors, you are forced to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Cory, why not watch some of the videos of GS.

Go to the GS forum and you will find them or else the Definitive List of Board Game Videos and Interactive Tutorials here on BGG.

Hope the videos help...they are quite good.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Dawson
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the replies.

I did not know there were videos to watch. I will dig them up.

Now the game seems a little more difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.