Subject: Bailout game: all sorts of awesome? Repost rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Vance
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the boardgamenews twitter comment about being threatened over a game review I went ahead and read said review. Basically, this game sounds like a loaded pile of crap. However, for those interested in a good laugh, head over to their website to see all sorts of awesome quotes, including:

In their own words, "Bailout The Game is interactive and requires a competitive strategy to outsmart your opponents!"

Which can't be true after reading the review on bgn.

"An avid board game player for most of my life gives a fantastic perspective on Bailout! The Game. There isn't a board game that I haven't already played. There isn't a board game that even comes close to resembling Bailout! The Game. This game has classic looks with cutting edge game play. If you love competition, this game is for you. I know it is for me. Mary Sue - Age 24"

"Great concept. You have to lose to win. Not another game like it. A classic style board game where other players directly affect your game play. Bailout! The Game, takes board games to a completely new level of game play. Can't wait to play again."

What absolute tripe.

The worst part is, this game is getting national attention, including my home state of MN--where I expect better.

Why do games that suck get so much coverage here in the U.S? I mean, I was at Target yesterday, and most of their games are complete garbage. What a sad state of affairs where the worst games sell the most and the best games most people have never heard of. Talk about bizzaro world.

(Reposted here from the game's forum because it is meant for general discussion and no one will see it there)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would remind you that we live in a America where 'more is better even if it's a stinking pile of shit,' but I don't really need to do that. It is the very reason that McMansions, Del Webb communities, and fast food chains are successful.

Furthermore, I would argue that many people are opposed to having to think in order to find pleasure. "If it's work," they might ask, "how is that fun?"

Edit2: Additionally, we've become passive in our entertainment since the development of television. I think for many people, board games exist simply to fill the space on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
mdornbrook wrote:
I would remind you that we live in a America where 'more is better even if it's a stinking pile of shit,' but I don't really need to do that. It is the very reason that McMansions, Del Webb communities, and fast food chains are successful.

Furthermore, I would argue that many people are opposed to having to think in order to find pleasure. "If it's work," they might ask, "how is that fun?"

Edit2: Additionally, we've become passive in our entertainment since the development of television. I think for many people, board games exist simply to fill the space on the table.

You're not Robinson Crusoe there mate. The Americanisation of the world also extends to Oz. Much to our chagrin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
We call it Ameritrash for a reason.

That said, this was put out by a British company:
http://www.boardgameswithscott.com/?p=227
Crunch: The Game for Utter Bankers

As it relates to this game, even Redneck Life was fun the first time through because of the humor. It's only the hardcore geeks that want to see a game last past 10 plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.