Starting Spells:
Fiery blast, Elven grace

Victory requirements:
1 great treasure
2 points in Fame for 20 Fame
2 points in Notoriety for 40 Notoriety
plus 10 gold for starting gold

Strategy:
Hire a few rogues and find some loot to hire stronger friends. Fiery blast is used for protection together with Elven grace for getting out of some combat situations.

Adventure:
As a learned wizard I knew all the secret passages and hidden paths of the realm. In the past I learned Fiery Blast, a nice spell but a bit unreliable in strength. This would help me get along, together with some rogues which I would hire. Two rogues decided to follow me on my adventures towards the Deep Woods. Remarkably we found the Lost Castle with a Shrine the Hoard the Statue and the Vault. What an extreme luck to find all these treasure sites!

We decided to move the the Hoard secretly, the best site of all! At day 4 we discovered the Hoard and could start looting. The Shoes of stealth came into my possession. A heavy spider showed up that evening. I let my rogues handle that while I studied my priced treasure hidden away in the forest. Next day was a really great day because we found the Bejeweled dwarf vest, the Glowing gem and the Quick boots. Especially the dwarf vest is reallt nice because I can wear it and it counts towards my great treasure victory requirement. However that evening the tremendous flying dragon showed up, meaning get out of here as quickly and quietly as possible.

Dawn of the 6th day came and it was time to collect my thoughts. I noticed that I would have enough boot to sell to the guard to have 36 gold. This would give me a fair chance of hiring them. With the guard in tow I could kill most monsters in the lost city. At day 8 I sold my stuff and at day 9 I hired the Guard. Back to the lost castle.

When we arrived there, the two rogues still following me along, two heavy serpents, a tremendous serpent and a winged demon were waiting for us at the Vault, a tremendous flying dragon and heavy dragon were at the hoard and the Imp sat at the statue. That paused me in my tracks for a moment. We decided to move stealthily past the serpents towards the hoard. This worked out and soon the evening work started. I pitted the three guard against the flying dragon first, to kill him in the first round. The next round the heavy dragon fell before the guard. As usual I was hiding and busying myself with the treasures.

Next day we looted the Deft gloves and the beast pipes from the hoard, using the Deft gloves. That evening we slew a tremendous dragon and suddenly I realized that this gave me enough fame and notoriety to claim a victory. It was day 14 when I moved out of the Deep Woods to have a rest and already completed all my tasks. A really lucky adventure this time!

Two weeks ended with 1 great treasure, 25 fame, 40 notoriety and 5 gold more than I started with, a very quick victory!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Haberberger
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never considered starting the Wizard at the Inn, I'll have to try that next time.

Good report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeHa wrote:
I never considered starting the Wizard at the Inn, I'll have to try that next time.

Wouldn't be my first choice. Since the Rogues are neutral toward the Wizard, hiring any requires a good bit of luck. My preference is the Guardhouse, perhaps buying a helmet from GHQ at start.

I like Prophecy as a spell, especially for solo games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.