Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Townshend
United Kingdom
Henlow
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I`m gonna need a forum all to myself at this rate !! (Steve`s Stupid Questions or similar)

Anyhoo

Having read read the "Hidden Unit"placement rules numerous times (upside down, using a mirror etc...) I cant see anything that prevents me deploying my HMG and team in a house containing a Objective that the enemy has already cleared and moved on from.

Yes its in the German initial deployment area, its free of units and its cover is 3.

But its behind the enemy line of advance, it contains a Objective that the enemy have "capped" and the main bulk of the enemy force is just the otherside of the hedge in an adjacent hex, facing the other way.

Can I pop up behind them and ruin their day or not ?? (ie.. what have I missed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You haven't missed anything.

If you are the Defender and not Attack or Recon posture there is nothing in A35.4 Hidden Unit which prohibits placement behind enemy lines. So long as you follow the steps listed:

1) make a roll on your nation's support table
2) Choose your item as indicated (non-Radio, matching the year)
3) Place the selected unit (along with its Weapon, if an) into any hex that is: within your original set-up area; and contains no units of either side; and has a Cover of at least 1

You can pop up behind them..."Say hello to my little friend..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Christopher
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In the wonderful game, Bonaparte at Marengo, this is how to get nasty Frenchies out of a village.
mbmbmbmbmb
An enemy-owned objective hex isn't friendly, IIRC, so you can't place there. However, except for that, you're correct. You can pop up behind their lines, even next to an enemy objective hex (and then Move or Advance into it to take it). An experienced enemy will know that this might happen, but a newer player (or, in my case, someone who forgets to cover their butt) might not be prepared for it.

Whoops, just re-checked the rules. You do have it right indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Yep, a lot of those objectives had basements. whistle

Completely legal and encourages the other player to position rear guard units on the objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Townshend
United Kingdom
Henlow
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmations guys.

As it turns out the little "German Jack in the Box`s" evil scheme backfired, the poor old Jerry commander could not draw a fire card(despite discarding 4 cards).

Hans the gunners assistant dropped a box of ammo into a pile of cymbals, broken glass, angry cats and other noisy items coming up the cellar steps, alerting the unsuspecting Poles just outside the window to their appearance.

They unsuprisingly poured small pieces of hot speeding metal into the house breaking the sneaky Germans before they fired a single round.

You gotta love this game :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
bruggenbill wrote:
Hans the gunners assistant dropped a box of ammo into pile a cymbals, broken glass, angry cats and other noisy items...

Brilliant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.