John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Last week a number of odd thoughts came to mind and passed. I can't even remember them all. Regardless, in my opinion, none of which were worth their own thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to. So if you like, clear out some of the junk thoughts and pointless stories from your own lives.

I've got three so far. I made a note of another one but can't find the notebook.

1) Twice last week a person at work said to me, "I love the Fall." And I said, "The fall of what?" One, rightly, called me a smart ass. The other said, "I don't get it."

2) The word conjugal came up in conversation last week and I don't know why but I thought of the phrase Chili con Jugal and the word Conjugalations! Then the Spanish phrase Vaya con Dios was corrupted into Vaya con Carne and Vaya con Jugal. I'm not sure what to make of any of that except I may have been jungry at the time.

3) I wanted to buy a new gun but the local FFL dealer wouldn't even get close to the price the his competitor across the river quoted. So instead I went to the FLGS at the mall and bought The Isle of Doctor Necreaux for $9.99. It was compulsive spending. I haven't taken it out of the store bag yet but the purchase urge was satisfied.

4) I've had Hair of the Dog on an endless earworm loop for 4 hours.

5) Hair of the Dog has been replaced by Freddie King's Goin' Down.... I mean as an earworm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hindman
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had the words 'sphenoid' and 'sesamoid' running laps in my brain. Not sure why, but they're quite fun to say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heroic Monkey
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have so many odd thoughts all the time.

For example, today I thought about the way people talk to each other on the phone. The caller usually explains who he/she is before the talk begins. In a regular conversation, this isn't necessary because people can see each other. It made me think of Friend A walking up to Friend B and saying, "Hi, this is [name]" before beginning the conversation.

The other situation: When Friend A doesn't introduce him/herself and just begins talking, Friend B says, "May I ask who's talking?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While reading this I had the theme song for PeeWee's Playhouse running through my mind

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
For the last 35 or 40 years I have this recurring desire to comment every time I see a redhead in the company of family that doesn't have red hair. I have an almost overwhelming desire to ask if they know Ferd Berffle.

If the redhead answers no I still have this urge to ask if his or her parents are named Frank and Fannie. Actually, I confess... I have asked that exact question on more than one occasion. Probably at least 50 times. One time someone nearby laughed. That single laugh made four decades of Farkel Fixation worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Rodriguez
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, more words here.
badge
This is overtext. Man, what an awesome use of 100 geekgold! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

Odd thoughts...okay, here you go:

1. I just bought new underwear. I've been considerering donating my old underwear to Goodwill.

2. You can buy a "family pack" of nearly anything--syrup, assorted potato chips, sodas--but not condoms.

4. What happened to 3?

5. If a ninja stabs you, could you call it a "Ninjury?"

3. Oh, there it is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
In this world of internet savvy kids just using Wiki or something to find the answers to questions on their school assignments, a good solution is to take a picture, or painting, like this one:

and ask, who's the guy on the bearskin saddled black horse with the feather in his hat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My dogs breath smells like poop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Five!

Seventeen!

One Hundred and Fifty-Nine!

Why do you park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A
badge
ɥɔʇıןƃ ʎʇıןɐǝɹ
mbmbmbmbmb
"In a breast-feeding contest, everybody wins."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The other day I was just about to buy some beef jerky I’d seen on TV, then I suddenly remembered that this was the brand that, when you eat it, you get the crap beaten out of you by Sasquatch, so I put it back. Thank goodness for those truth in advertising laws.

2) I recently got a gut-level education about the meaning of the words "pandemonium", "cacophony", and "Chaos Theory": I took my kids to Chuck E. Cheese on Saturday night.

3) Isn't Mother Nature wonderful! If it hadn’t been for Germany’s extensive groves of coconut trees and vast tracts of cacao bushes and sugar canes, some anonymous hausfrau would never have had the ingredients available to create the first German chocolate cake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
3) Isn't Mother Nature wonderful! If it hadn’t been for Germany’s extensive groves of coconut trees and vast tracts of cacao bushes and sugar canes, some anonymous hausfrau would never have had the ingredients available to create the first German chocolate cake.

[pedant mode]

The German Chocolate Cake was created by an American with the last name of "German" and entered in a baking contest of some sort. It is technically named "German's Chocolate Cake" and has been mangled by the passage of time to simply German Chocolate Cake.

[/pedant mode]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:
My dogs breath smells like poop.
My dog's breath smells like poop. Nope.

My, dog's breath smells like poop. There. That looks better. Saved you, man. No charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I always wondered if there was a way to connect an IBM selectric typewriter to a computer, just because I love the way it feels typing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Grelis
Australia
Surry Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
and crikey!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really busy today, so why am I on Chit Chat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm free-basing midichloriens and the force is, like, an energy that connects and penetrates us all, man.
United States
Saint Ann
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I once read an article in Macworld Magazine, circa 1985.

In the article, the author says that he managed to hook his green/black monochrome Macintosh IIe monitor with a UHF/VHF receiver...

...and he watched Moonlighting.

I am still intensely jealous of that.

I could never get it to work.

Also. Get the hell off my lawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Becker
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I write code so bad that it causes the monitor to explode into my face?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How did an entire generation of children escape Pee Wee's Playhouse without major psychological issues?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a really good speller, but I cannot for the life of me ever remember to spell definitely I always spell it wrong. Luckily, typinator always fixes it for me.

There are a couple of others, I always misspell weird too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
claymore_57 wrote:

[pedant mode]

The German Chocolate Cake was created by an American with the last name of "German" and entered in a baking contest of some sort. It is technically named "German's Chocolate Cake" and has been mangled by the passage of time to simply German Chocolate Cake.

[/pedant mode]

Probably thinking of Black Forest Torte/Cake . That is most likely of German origin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
unixrevolution wrote:
How did an entire generation of children escape Pee Wee's Playhouse without major psychological issues?

Huh-UH!

Who says we didn't?

As for my wierd thought, well... I've often wondered if it would be considered bad form to compliment a woman on her breasts. As in "Good morning... your boobs are looking lovely today."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If given the choice between the world's best peach and a pretty good nectarine, the nectarine wins out everytime. There's something about the fuzzy skin of a peach that puts a shiver down my spine like nails on a chalkboard, odd considering I eat kiwis whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejcarter wrote:
unixrevolution wrote:

Huh-UH!

Who says we didn't?

As for my wierd thought, well... I've often wondered if it would be considered bad form to compliment a woman on her breasts. As in "Good morning... your boobs are looking lovely today."

ANSWER: YES!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
ejcarter wrote:
unixrevolution wrote:

Huh-UH!

Who says we didn't?

ANSWER: YES!
So I get this right, its ok to compliment your hair, clothes, shoes, or general appearance (ie "You look lovely today"), but complimenting boobs (and by extension, butt) is not cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jearles wrote:
Why do you park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

You walk on foot up to a house on a Walkway.
You drive in a car up to a house on a Driveway.
Simple.

The parkway system was originally state controlled for use in parks only, the access to state parks. Parkways. This was actually an effort to reduce the number of black people in state parks, as most of them were so poor they had to take the bus. Hence, up until a few years ago, busses were not allowed access on parkways. You will find in some states, parkway traffic is still restricted to control traffic flow as the surrounding highways all were created with the capacity assuming busses were not on parkways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.