Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume there's some new scenarios in here, but seriously, I already have more scenarios than I'll ever play. Is there any other reason I should consider ordering this?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
If you have West of Alamein: ASL Module 5, the only difference other than scenarios is that it has boards 1, 7, 8, & 12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Milner
Australia
Brunswick
Victoria
flag msg tools
The main difference is the mapboards - this reprint will have "Starter Kit" style maps 6, 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 32 (ie not the same ones as per the first print of FKaC, listed above). I presume it will also correct errata and I thought I read somewhere that the counter images might be slightly larger than in the first print (but hardly a reason to purchase a fresh copy!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! I actually prefer the older style boards and have nearly completed my collection of them, so I don't think I need to worry about picking this one up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe WoA had a significantly larger than usual errata count by ASL standards (which, by other games' standards, is not so bad). The FKaC counters are definitely printed with larger graphics and type, with better cardstock and die-cutting. However, the color is a bit different between the two modules. WoA's Brits are what I'd call the classic British khaki, whereas FKaC's are little bit darker and yellower. I prefer the color in WoA myself. And then there's the scenarios and maps, of course. The scenarios are especially good in this one - probably the best, most varied and interesting set of scenarios in a core module. Unlike many of the core modules, FKaC includes a good selection of smaller scenarios.

Probably a tough sell if you're not interested in the maps at all - the counters and scenarios are nice, but not 60-odd dollars nice on their own. However, I just so happen to have FKaC already and would love to buy just the maps, which MMP doesn't seem to be offering separately anytime soon. If you're interested, I'd be up for splitting a copy. ~$30 for the scenarios, counters, and updated Chapter H pages isn't so bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in - but how long before it gets printed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, it's already being printed. The pre-order was just a courtesy for the people that have been waiting. But, since it's a core module, the plan was to go ahead and print it no matter the P#. Of course, you know MMP well enough to know how things can change.

Anyway, I'm glad we found one another for this one, as this should work out well. I'll GM you to talk over details tomorrow - I'm out the door to go play some C&C:A at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only took 30 months
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.