Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have 3 rules questions about Richard III, dear sirs.

#1- If CLARENCE defects to the Lancastrian camp or EXETER defects to the Yorkist camp, does provide an opening for the senior minor heir not in play to enter the game for the side that just lost its heir?

#2- In Scenario 2- Who is the pretender and who has powers of the pretender while Henry VI is imprisoned? Is there a pretender? does anyone have the pretender's missing power of inducing treachery?

#3- In Scenario 2- Does the scenario end following one campaign sequence or does it end following two campaign sequences?

That's all!
be well and thanks guys for the great game!
Douglas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wutai Leviathan wrote:
1. No. The only time a minor heir is placed on the map is during the Supply Phase after another heir has been killed in the Game Turn.

Beta-Tester of this game at Columbiagames.com disagrees with you on this one, and doesn't have an answer for the other other two. Until I actually hear from Jerry Taylor or Tom Dalgleish or Grant, I can't play because I really think the 3 answers are the opposite of what you say, Wutai

-Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rasmussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am afriad you might have to wait a long time for any official answers... Not what they are known to be the fastest about..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
Beta-Tester of this game at Columbiagames.com disagrees with you on this one

Yeah, if defection can trigger the appearance of a minor noble that really needs to be included in the rules. Going by the rules I would say only the death of an heir could bring in a minor, but if what Mark says is true then that would change things... a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking the least amount of heirs + pretender/king you could have in play would be 3 unless there are none on standby. So in the above back and forth cases, nothing would change as the side still has at least 3 in play. Dunno. Me want official answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 Rules Questions Answers
OFFICIAL ANSWERS FROM TOM DALGLIESH EMAIL

Official Answers in Red

#1- If CLARENCE defects to the Lancastrian camp or EXETER defects to the Yorkist camp, does provide an opening for the senior minor heir not in play to enter the game for the side that just lost its heir?

The traitor heir is NOT replaced with a minor, unless that heir is later executed.

#2- In Scenario 2- Who is the pretender and who has powers of the pretender while Henry VI is imprisoned? Is there a pretender? does anyone have the pretender's missing power of inducing treachery?

Prince Edward would be the Pretender, but if he is dead, then the next senior heir.Henry VI becomes the Pretender if rescued.

#3- In Scenario 2- Does the scenario end following one campaign sequence
or does it end following two campaign sequences?

Scenario 2 was intended as one Campaign. But it could be extended to two campaigns if players agree.

Tom Dalgliesh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.