2 Posts

Pursuit of Glory» Forums » Strategy

Subject: turkish withdrawal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wayne heeley
Australia
flag msg tools
here's a gripe i have about turkish withdrawal and was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the reasoning behind it.

if a TU SCU/tribe stack is attacked and declares turkish withdrawal and the battle's outcome is a draw/win for the turks (after reducing losses by 1 because of turkish withdrawal) the turkish SCUs must retreat but the tribe can, if the CP chooses, stay in the space, thus preventing any AP advance.

this seems to me to be a case of the CP having their cake and eating it too - they get to reduce their losses, withdraw all or just part of their force if they wish, and some of their units (tribes) get to stay as well, preventing any AP advance if the tribes stay.

what is the reasoning behind the tribes having the special ability of ignoring the withdrawal order?

loving the game anyway,
wayne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
wayneheeley wrote:
what is the reasoning behind the tribes having the special ability of ignoring the withdrawal order?

Well, it's not just tribes - it can also be used stacked with e.g. Bulgarian infantry. I would hazard a guess that the effect is a simulation of superior Turkish defensive tactics, denying the Allies the opportunity to hurt their opponent, while allowing their friends to take advantage of the Allies' confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.