Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan
Germany
München (Munich)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find the rules

here: http://www.davincigames.com/page_eng.cfm?sez=01&gioco=gonzag...

or

here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Game_Rules

Have fun! Jan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
I've just finished the rules and the game looks very good, definitely will be considered for christmas shopping

I have a question about the rules, though: do the castles in the fiefs have any other purpose besides marking that particular plastic hex as prohibited to lay on the water?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guglielmo Duccoli
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, victor!
No: the only purpose of castles is to identify if you are allowed to put that single hex on water or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
Grazie Guglielmo, for the answer and your kind geekmail alerting me meeple

The reason for my question is because the Castles look so cool that I thought they had extra uses. Just for curiosity's sake, during playtest did you try to make a rule of bonus VP when putting the Castle over a city or port? If that so, what made you discard the idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guglielmo Duccoli
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Victor,
our original purpose was to prevent someone putting a fief in the water, like a kind of "floating island". So, the rule said "you can across waters, but just if your move deserves to connect different land-hexes with the same fief". When you'll check where we put castles on the plastic pieces, you'll see they are placed exactly to give players a simple way to apply that rule.
About your idea... yes, castles are really cool. Your suggestion could be a good starting point for an alternative rule. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arianne Jedi
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. It is entirely possible I am being dim blush but I can't find the English version of the rules via the links? Are the links broken or have I missed something. If the former I'd be most appreciative if someone could pop up a pdf of them please.

Many thanks, Arianne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
ArianneJedi wrote:
Hi. It is entirely possible I am being dim blush but I can't find the English version of the rules via the links? Are the links broken or have I missed something. If the former I'd be most appreciative if someone could pop up a pdf of them please.

Many thanks, Arianne

Try this Gonzaga - standard rules, and, if you wish, join who is playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arianne Jedi
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some excellent lateral thinking sir and ty!

Ciao ciao

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
ArianneJedi wrote:
Some excellent lateral thinking sir and ty!

Ciao ciao

My Jedi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.