Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What are you doing!? I don't even know you!
mbmbmbmbmb
This week, the first bronze animals and jeeps arrived at Edition Perlhuhn. These were made in Ghana, with each piece uniquely handmade, yet true to the originals. At some point during winter, there will be a small run of games containing these animals, possibly on the original Matthias Wittig map, possibly on a wooden board. So you might want to consider this a playable art object. As the price for the hand-crafted animals and jeeps is appropriate, this version of the game (which contains 22 or 23 of these items, depending on whether there will be a rule update) won't exactly be cheap, but it will be a unique collector's item.
For those who want to have a closer look at the bronze items, they can be seen in Essen at the Giseh booth (12-88) on Friday and Saturday only (ask for Reinhold Wittig). Everyone else can check the photos I uploaded today. Here's one example:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word yet on price or when this edition will be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bulk of the brass pieces are on their way from Ghana to Germany right now. Difficult to say when they will arrive.

Can't say anything serious about the price yet, unfortunately. Circulation of this edition will be around five copies, probably. You can check perlhuhn.de for signing up for the English language newsletter, but I will also post here when I have something substantial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The version is finally out - the circulation is seven copies, one of which is still available (at 190 Euros).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HilkMAN wrote:
The version is finally out - the circulation is seven copies, one of which is still available (at 190 Euros).

Since some people are still asking - the last one was sold a few nanoseconds after my last posting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.