Subject: USArthropods - Carrier question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Bregovic
Finland
Tampere
Unspecified
flag msg tools

When the Industry complex is on its advanced side, you can spend 1 die to move one of your bugs next to the carrier. Can this bug move again this turn by using another die?

The general rules say that every bug can only move once per turn. In our game I decided that this counts as a move for that bug. Now I am searching for clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been a while, but I am quite sure we ruled it the other way. If you cannot move the small bug after placing it next to the Carrier, it is just a double-death waiting to happen. This is especially true since you cannot place the bug on top of an enemy. (That also hints that the bug has not made a "move".) The whole point of upgrading the base is to launch little-uns from the Carrier.

I also checked FFG's Micro-Mutants: Evolution. There is not an eqivalent base power in that version. However, the Carriers themselves have a new ability to place a small bug next to them after they move. It specifically states that the small bug may then move if there is a matching die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bregovic
Finland
Tampere
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply.

My confusion was due to the fact that in some other cases rules explicitly mention that you can move a bug again, for example, when using the hole with "Chitinier".

Anyway, I try it next time with your interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.