Hide
13 Posts

Pursuit of Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about regions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juerg haeberli
msg tools

Here are a few assorted questions about regions....

I have 2 Inf divisions in a region. Can I activate one for attack and the other for move ?

Is it possible to attack into a region into which I have moved this action round?

Is it possible to trace supply to a supply source which is in a contested region?

If there is an irregular and a regular unit in a region and I attack the region, will I fullfill a mandated offensive when I attack the region ?

Is it possible to play Enver goes east on a region ?

If yes please explain how it works in the following example.

CP has 2 T Inf Divs and the 3 revolutionary units in Afghanistan.
AP controls Cental Asia and India and has units in them.
AP wants to play Enver goes East in Afghanistan.

Many thanks in advance and with best regards.

Jürg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, but you need 2 OPs to do so.
2) Yes.
3) Only if you control the contested region. If the other side controls it, your supply source (it must, of course, be your supply source) gives you supply in the region but not outside it. If the other side has partial control than you have full supply in the region and limited supply outside it.
4) Attacking irregulars can fulfil your MO anyway, so this questions seems misconceived.
5) Enver Goes East is played on neither spaces nor regions but stacks. If the allied player so chose, he could play the card designating a stack of 3 units (one of which must be TU or TU-A) in a region to attack. So in your example he could target 2 T inf divs and an Afghan, or 1 T inf div and 2 Afghans. Or he could target 2 stacks, one consisting of a T inf div and 2 Afghans and 1 consisting of a T inf div and 1 Afghan. They would then have to be directed to attack spaces with Russian units in them (Enver Goes East is worded slightly ambiguously, but that is the intent). Assuming the Russians are in Central Asia but not in India or anywhere else adjacent to Afghanistan, any stacks activated would attack Central Asia. If 2 stacks were activated, they would both attack together for a single combat roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Philip Thomas wrote:
Assuming the Russians are in Central Asia but not in India ...

Russians in India? Is that allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Russians in India is allowed under the rules. If you felt like it as the Allies, your very first move could be to SR a Russian division to India...sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Philip Thomas wrote:
Russians in India is allowed under the rules. If you felt like it as the Allies, your very first move could be to SR a Russian division to India...sauron

As your third impulse you could then ship it to Sollum. The mind boggles ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juerg haeberli
msg tools

Thanks for the fast answers.

Question to 5.
I thought the CP would create stacks in Afgahnistan since normally in regions the owner of the units decides which units to activate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
badge
mb
haeberich wrote:
Question to 5.
I thought the CP would create stacks in Afgahnistan since normally in regions the owner of the units decides which units to activate.

Yes, well, but here the owner of the units has been possessed by the Enver spirit and is not totally in control of his own actions

The only restriction is that the stack(s) must be three units if there are three or more CP units in the Region, and it/they must contain at least one Turkish unit each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haeberich wrote:

Thanks for the fast answers.

Question to 5.

Normally in spaces the owner of the units decides which units to activate!

If you read the Enver Goes East Card it clearly refers to "stacks" being designated by the AP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Stock
United States
Elsah
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RUSSIANS IN INDIA

Yes, indeed, the mind does boggle. No one ever did that in playtesting, and I think it was one of those assumed no-go moves. I would certainly have banned it if someone tried it -- one more for the Living Rules I would say.

No Russians in India or Baluchistan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juerg haeberli
msg tools

Hmm...question nr.4 was not very clear...lets try again.
There is an Indian and a Russian Inf. div. in Eastern Persia. CP has a Russian mandated offensive. Can the CP fullfill the MO by attacking Eastern Persia ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
badge
mb
haeberich wrote:
CP has a Russian mandated offensive. Can the CP fullfill the MO by attacking Eastern Persia ?

Only if the AP player obliges and chooses to defend with the Russian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kristian is correct, the Allied player chooses which stack to defend with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juerg haeberli
msg tools

Thats what I thought.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.