Popular Tags: !2do [+] [View All]
John Douglass
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got all my hats and player markers to fit the big Moais, here is an image:

The cool thing is that after a couple of hours using an x-acto knife to trim away the extra plastic in the depressions of the markers and hats (nearly cutting myself numerous times) I racked my brain for a new idea to fix them. If this idea has already been proposed, I apologize for not finding it, but I have looked.

All I did was boil the hats and player markers in water for a couple of minutes, and then individually put them on the large Moais. While hot, the plastic is much more mailable and most fit easily, others take a little more push but go on without much trouble. I thought I might need some kind of glove to deal with the hot plastic, but once most of the water is removed from the depressions in the pieces, using your hands is no problem. Once on, leave in place for a few minutes and allow the plastic to cool and form to the large Moai heads.

This fix is easy to do and not at all time consuming. I did it this morning while making pancakes for my little girls.

I can't tell you how cool it was to finally get those little player markers to snap on the Moai heads!

They are little loose for the smaller Moais, but that is much more acceptable than not fitting any of the large Moais, I think anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Derrick
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant sir. Simplicity and simply brilliant. Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Douglass
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ross
Ireland
Cork
Ireland
flag msg tools
The mysteries about how we evolved should not distract us from the indisputable fact that we did evolve. -- Jerry A. Coyne
badge
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. -- E E Cummings
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game for the first time last night (enjoyed it tremendously) and the hats and tribal markers were the only pieces that lessened the enjoyment of this game. However, your tip on boiling the hats and markers is brilliant, it will fix this problem. Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A great tip, John. Very innovative. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knickpoint wrote:

This fix is easy to do and not at all time consuming. I did it this morning while making pancakes for my little girls.

I hope the girls did not complain of overly chewy pancakes (upon which you discovered a few missing HATS...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.