Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul McKenzie
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone altered the rules allowing a player to have two lines or three lines of ships, rather than just one? I wonder if it would add any complexity/strategy to the game.

Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would that be with one or two sets of ships each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul McKenzie
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question. It makes me wonder if you can't simply play the game with two asymmetric fleets, maybe with different scenarios, missions, victory conditions, etc.

Hm....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking do it like Naval Battles, where you have up to three rows, and the first two ships in each row get to fire...or maybe have as many rows as you want, but ANY ships in the first two rows can fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul McKenzie
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm..

So, if you had:

B-AC
D-PB
S

Either the B or AC or D or PB could both fire? Or any two?

What about facing?

I think you're onto something, there, but I can't visualize it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul McKenzie
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could have mission, too.

Have 1 player with 4 subs attack a 2 Destroyer/BS combo, for example. If first player sinks BS and survives with at least 1 sub, wins; otherwise, loses.

Thoughts?

Maybe it's putting too much on the shoulders of a light game, but I did the same thing for Battleball and enjoy it much more now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Point Guard
msg tools
Shortly after playing through both the Captain and Admiral games I devised a version I call Superfleets which has two rows of 5 ships per player. As I'm new on this post I'm not sure if posting the rule variations I devised is appropriate here.

The rules are two pages long.

Basic elements of play of the ships are the same but admiral and captain abilities are mixed throughout the fleet. Fleets are selected from all available ships on a rotational basis.

Glad to share more as appropriate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.