Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Litzenberger
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is answered somewhere, I tried looking through the 10 pages of threads and couldn't find an answer.

My friends and I were playing LNoE from 4pm to 6am yesterday and one debate that came up a couple times was weather or not melee weapons are always used or not.

Like for example, the Crowbar says "Combat Bonus: Win on ties. Gets stuck in zombie(discard) on 1 or 2" {may not be exact wording but close}. So now if the Hero rolls a 4, 5 and the Zombie a 3 would the Hero still have to roll for breaking even tho the crowbar's power wasn't used in the fight? Same with Fireaxe, if the Fireaxe isn't used to cancel a Zombie card do you still have to roll against the break on 1, 2, 3 or are they just automatically safe from their power not going off?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes can choose to use combat bonuses or not; only if they declare they are using the weapons are the bonuses taken into account and, in consequence, break rolls made.

See this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/217354
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Litzenberger
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Litzenberger
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One more thing, if you don't use the item, i.e. you have Fireaxe Zombie doesn't use any event cards during the fight so you choose not to roll for breakage, do you still kill the zombie on winning the fight or would that imply using the item and cause a breakage roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
Lainwood wrote:
One more thing, if you don't use the item, i.e. you have Fireaxe Zombie doesn't use any event cards during the fight so you choose not to roll for breakage, do you still kill the zombie on winning the fight or would that imply using the item and cause a breakage roll?

Unless u specifically used the fireaxe to stop an event card you would not roll for breakage. If you kill the zombie on the fight the item was not used (assume u just strangled him with your bare hands cuz ur awesome like that) and there is no breakage roll. There is only a breakage roll when u actually use the combat bonus.

Rami

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.