Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A very, very good friend of mine, Jeremy Marolf, lost his fiancee, Michelle, in an accident this past monday. The funeral was held yesterday. My understanding was that they had just booked for the reception the Saturday before.

His brother, Shane, was best man at my wedding and Jer was an usher. This of course has crushed Jer. I can only imagine what he is going through and I know it has not been easy for Shane to see his brother so despondent.

I introduced them both to the world of specialty board games starting with Space Hulk. They were huge fans of the game on the 1st play. We played the game for 3 years straight. One of the most fun times we had was designing a scenario. I don't remember laughing so hard in my whole life. It was a great night.

Michelle had bought the 3rd edition for Jer as a gift. He was all excited and had even started painting and then this happened. From talking to his brother, I understand it now brings him painful memories to look at it. In time, hopefully it will bring him beautiful memories. I know it sounds corny but the last gift he got from his one true love was a game that he truly loves. In time I hope he comes to cherish that.

Michelle was only 21 and loved Jer with her whole heart and vise-versa. She was a beautiful girl with a big heart and a super cheerful disposition and a smile that would brighten the darkest day. I have no doubt that she is resting in Abrahams bosum. A place of peace and contentment waiting for the Lord's return. My heart goes out to Jeremy.

I thought it would be nice if any fellow geeks would like, to just drop Jer and his brother Shane a line in their box to let them know you care. Jeremy is not very active and may not even see your letters but it would be a nice gesture all the same. He is a registered user and goes by the name "Supergerome". Shane is more active and would definitely read his letters and I'm sure he would inform his brother of your letters as well. His user name is "Great White".

Also it would be cool if you could drop a few coins towards Shane as I know he would love an avatar.

Lastly, If you believe in God say a prayer for them tonight. Let's all remember how truly blessed we are and be thankful for all we have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I am so sorry to hear about his loss. Please send my heartfelt condolences.

Here is his username on BGG for anyone interested:

Jeremy Marolf
United States
New York
flag msg tools

And his brother:

shane Marolf
United States
watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for that Kas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patiently waiting for the zombie apocalypse...
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't seem fair sometimes... soblue

My sincere condolences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
40k bolter
msg tools
sorry to hear this also please send our condolences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike MacMartin
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Condolences .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for telling us about this horrible situation.

My prayers do go out to all of you who have experienced this loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Grumphy
msg tools

http://www.wwnytv.com/obituaries/63693307.html

R.I.P.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the flying scotsman wrote:

Greg! Thank you so much for that. I don't know how to post links but that was extremely thoughtful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.