Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to sort through 8.3 and 6.7.4 and all their associated errata. So I have a two part question.

Since there is no LOS out of a card with an Incoming! marker that card loses the VOF it was placing on an enemy card until the Incoming! is lifted, correct?

The on-map Indirect Lay mortar squad is treated like Incoming! in terms of how it treats terrain effects but I don't see any mention of how it is treated for visibility. I am assuming it does not block LOS out of the card it is targeting (although off map Mortars would) since it is not mentioned. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaanDo wrote:
Since there is no LOS out of a card with an Incoming! marker that card loses the VOF it was placing on an enemy card until the Incoming! is lifted, correct?

I think so.
Quote:

The on-map Indirect Lay mortar squad is treated like Incoming! in terms of how it treats terrain effects but I don't see any mention of how it is treated for visibility. I am assuming it does not block LOS out of the card it is targeting (although off map Mortars would) since it is not mentioned. Any thoughts on this?

You are not placing an "Incoming" marker, so no LOS change, I'd say. On-map mortars are not so destructive as the off-map ones, think of them as grenades with an H VOF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sancherib wrote:
CaanDo wrote:

I think so.
That's how I have been playing it also.
Sancherib wrote:

You are not placing an "Incoming" marker, so no LOS change, I'd say. On-map mortars are not so destructive as the off-map ones, think of them as grenades with an H VOF

Right. I haven't used the H VoF mortar section for indirect lay yet, but if I did I would place the H VoF marker and not an incoming marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation guys. This was my first mission to use the H Mortar team and I don't think I'll do it again. The G! teams seem much more effective and, although you have to draw, in the end more powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaanDo wrote:
Thanks for the confirmation guys. This was my first mission to use the H Mortar team and I don't think I'll do it again. The G! teams seem much more effective and, although you have to draw, in the end more powerful.
I don't know. Remember the G! teams can only target a single unit or cover target. The H VoF mortar will hit the entire card causing every unit to take a -3 NCM. It's not that often that the enemy presents with multiple units on a card, but when it does happen, nice to have the mortar section laying down the pain. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocD wrote:
CaanDo wrote:
I don't know. Remember the G! teams can only target a single unit or cover target. The H VoF mortar will hit the entire card causing every unit to take a -3 NCM. It's not that often that the enemy presents with multiple units on a card, but when it does happen, nice to have the mortar section laying down the pain. devil

Good point, although I've never run out of Arty on a mission yet. I guess it would be good to have two FOs on the map just in case you lose one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Naylor
United States
Cordova
Tennessee
flag msg tools
CaanDo wrote:

Ron,

Rule 6.3.2, under Incoming!, states that ... An Incoming or Air Strike Marker blocks LOS through the card.

As far as I understand, VOF in/out of a card containing an Incoming! VOF isn't blocked.

Of course, it doesn't mention how many levels of blockage. For instance, can a Level 2 hill fire through/over a Level 1 terrain card containing an Incoming! VOF ??

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mraah wrote:
CaanDo wrote:

Ron,

Rule 6.3.2, under Incoming!, states that ... An Incoming or Air Strike Marker blocks LOS through the card.

As far as I understand, VOF in/out of a card containing an Incoming! VOF isn't blocked.

Of course, it doesn't mention how many levels of blockage. For instance, can a Level 2 hill fire through/over a Level 1 terrain card containing an Incoming! VOF ??

Rob

I'm pretty sure from errata that VOF is blocked OUT OF the card with incoming or air strike markers in addition to blocking LOS through the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Naylor
United States
Cordova
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Matt,

You're right ... I missed it (argh)... under 8.3 SMOKE.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.