Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been on this bizarre kick of whipping up D&D 4th edition accessories, and I need a little help with my next one. What I plan to make is little markers for each condition as well as some other modifiers that pop up often during battle. I did a first draft with just text, but it's a bit drab, and there are so many conditions that it would be difficult to find the one you need when you need it.

What I'd like is to have a little picture for each condition to make it a bit more recognizable from across the table. Some conditions force the sufferer to grant combat advantage, and I want to distinguish those by inverting the colours. So, what I would like is a small (~64px*64px) rendition of each of the following things:

Black lines on white background:
A spiderweb design, or a shoe with a line through it (for Immobilized)
An anvil (for Slow)
An ear (for Deaf)
A stickman hunched over, or a wilting sword (for weakened)
A sword with an arrow pointing up/down (for an attack bonus/penalty, respectively)
A shield with an arrow pointing up/down (for a defensive bonus/penalty, respectively)
A raindrop shape (drop of blood) falling from a small wound (for ongoing damage)

White lines on black background:
A closed eye, or an open eye with no pupil (for Blinded)
A "dizzy spiral line" that might appear over a comic book character's head (for dazed)
A whip (for dominated)
A gravestone (for dying)
A fellow falling like this (for prone)
A set of shackles (for restrained)
Something for helpless, and something for stunned.

Anyone who is able to do this for me will get a thumb, credit, and any GG I get from the file submission on the 4E page.

I'll also note that I have seen the 4E battle box from Fiery Dragon, but a free alternative is always useful! Plus, I really think the distinction between combat advantage and not combat advantage would be useful for anyone playing a rogue, as well as markers for ongoing damage and attack/defense bonuses/penalties.

EDIT: I did the dirty work myself, by wasting a whole lot of time using Google image search.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Well, I am loathe to make anything for D&D as it would obliterate what little 'grognard-cred' that I do HAVE remaining, but I SHALL if I MUST!, were nobody else to be cowered into doing those. How large of a 'counter' are you talking about for this? The 'pixels' dimensions don't help on anything except for visual appearance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan for the counters to be about 3/4" wide by 7/8" tall. The end result is that they'll be stuck into 3/4" wide binder clips to make them easier to handle and more visible.

I've decided that most of the conditions are rare enough that they don't warrant space on the page. I've narrowed it down to the following conditions and modifiers:

Immobilized
Slowed
Weakened
Ongoing Damage
Attack/Defense Bonus/Penalty
Blinded
Dazed
Prone
Stunned
Combat Advantage
Other, used for all the rarer conditions

Since the list is shorter, my previous problem of there being too many making it difficult to find what you need is eliminated, so pictures aren't really necessary (though a nice touch!).

Thanks GROGgy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.