Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
68 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: SaltCON, Salt Lake City Utah, February 26-28 2010 (Board Game Convention) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: saltcon [+] [View All]
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He can still have all the emails sent to him and thrown through the generator. He doesn't have to be in it, though I bet he still knows others in the area that could do some of his trades if they needed to.
Mike Cross, I believe has done it the last two times that I know of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dalton
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I would like to try and make it this time, and would be interested in doing a math trade as well (I have yet to participate in one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rose
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am definately up for a math trade. I also am so excited to attend this convention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tuttle
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man I've been trying to get a monthly open board gaming group going on one Saturday a month for the last 4 months and made the mistake of scheduling it for the same weekend as the SaltCON and am going to have a tough time changing it's date as I'm going to Denver for the GhengisCON on Presidents Day weekend...arrrggghhhh. I need someone to add another weekend to February for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Gifford
United States
West Valley City
UT
flag msg tools
www.saltcon.com
badge
www.saltcon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason, just move it to the convention...

Math Trade, yea Mike moved and is unavailble to run it for us. Anyone else know any Math Trade gurus out there who would be willing to help us out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Cooper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
So, if I want to game all day Saturday I have to pay for 2 sessions? Are they just going to kick everybody out at 4 and then let people who have paid for the second session back in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Clifton
United States
Newman Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
Stave it off, 1 2 3, now you can count to three!
badge
Do I know what rhetorical means?
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyboy157 wrote:
So, if I want to game all day Saturday I have to pay for 2 sessions? Are they just going to kick everybody out at 4 and then let people who have paid for the second session back in?

I'll be the bouncer, yes.arrrh That's what you're asking, right, Travis?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dalton
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bretcliftawn wrote:
monkeyboy157 wrote:

I'll be the bouncer, yes.arrrh That's what you're asking, right, Travis?

Woo, that's not intimidating! I better purchase two passes then for Saturday whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If no one steps up for the math trade, then I'll start one around Feb 15. That'll give us a week to add entries and a couple days for want lists and arrangements.

Will there be a Math Trade Table at the Con again this time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Gifford
United States
West Valley City
UT
flag msg tools
www.saltcon.com
badge
www.saltcon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan,

There will be a Math Trade table area and a regular trade table area just like the last Con we ran. That would be awesome if you could run the Math Trade!

Travis,

Yes if you want to game all day saturday that is two sessions. If people only pay for one then we will know from their name tags and they will be asked to leave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Gifford
United States
West Valley City
UT
flag msg tools
www.saltcon.com
badge
www.saltcon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I just updated the Demos and Giveaways. There will be more to come and I will keep updating them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Poelzing
United States
Salt Lake City
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
monkeyboy157 wrote:

LOL. Hey Travis, there is a discount for the all day Saturday pass. Don't buy 2 passes, just buy the Saturday pass and save 5 bucks. Your name tag has a clever way of tracking which sessions you paid for. If you need to stay longer than your session, we'll kindly ask you to go to the front and update your ticket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Fletcher
United States
Saratoga Springs
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
I am awaited in Valhalla!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize if this has already been answered. I see from the initial post that on Friday the Ion award Judging will be done at 3pm. Will there be open gaming going on after that?
Thanks,
Kent

Edit: I don't see any sessions on the website so I guess that answers my question. But any reason why there won't be an open gaming session on Friday if the Judging is done by 3pm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was sad to see no gaming on Friday too

Also I heard that there will be a family-friendly area this year. I was thinking of brining my 7, 9 and 11 year old kids with a bunch of kid friendly games on Saturday to play/teach some younger kids the ropes to some games like Incan Gold, Ticket To Ride and some others.

I know there are probably others with kids in my kids age range that are in the same boat. I love playing games but would love to help some other kids and mine have a great time also/instead. Just something to think about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Loveland
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I was sad to see no gaming on Friday too

No gaming on Friday... I think you are forgetting the nine hours of judging that you will do on that day. But if you still want to game, maybe you could bring something after the judging. I hear Hagoth Builder of Ships might make its way to SaltCON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta say, this Con has a much better name than the one in the summer. After we met each other the first time the whole 'Strangers' in-joke should have been over.

I wish you guys luck with this one. Too bad I won't be there. Maybe next year. But greetings from snowy, cold Cleveland!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

nikloveland wrote:
No gaming on Friday... I think you are forgetting the nine hours of judging that you will do on that day. But if you still want to game, maybe you could bring something after the judging. I hear Hagoth Builder of Ships might make its way to SaltCON.

Well the judging is considered "work" and you have to have some time to unwind. I suppose I'll have to live with just the judging on Friday!

Yes we will have three of the production prototypes of Hagoth at the Con, they will be here in the next couple of days, we will evaluate them and see what if anything needs to be corrected and then ask the factory to run them. We will have the finished product in about 4-5 weeks if all goes well.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again... Strangers!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I was tired of waiting.
SaltCON (Utah) No-Ship Math Trade 2010 [CLOSED: 111 Trades!]
SaltCON no-ship Math Trade 2010 Discussion Thread [COMPLETE]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bruns
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting the Math Trade Dan

Also, is there a games we want to play wishlist out there for the con yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dea Draper
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be demoing Z-Man games--any specific requests?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they do/are doing the republish of: At the Gates of Loyang?

Expansion cards for Le Havre would be nice to try/get.

What else have they made lately that is deeper in terms of complexity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Howell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
familywontplay wrote:
I will be demoing Z-Man games--any specific requests?

My oldest son an I are coming for Saturday and as far as Z-man games goes would like to see The Golden City and Dungeon Lords.

We just posted our family video review on Bridge Troll this week and would like to try more Z-man games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lagerquist
United States
Pleasant View
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does a Space Alert tournament work? Is it team based?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Poelzing
United States
Salt Lake City
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
There will be two Magic the Gathering tournaments at SaltCON on Saturday February 27th from 10 to 4.

Booster draft and Sealed Deck.

Bring an extra $20 for the Booster draft and $25 for the sealed deck. You'll still need the SaltCON ticket to get into it. The "Individual Saturday" morning pass covers these times.

So if you're a closet CCG players, don't worry. Your secret can remain safe because the CCG hall is separated from the board game hall by lakes of fire and demons. Ok, it's about 200 feet away from the board game hall.

If you hate CCG games, pretend you didn't read this and all will be well shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Space Alert Tournament will have players break into teams. Every table will use both the white and yellow cards for each threat type while playing the same track.

Each round, the fewest match points will be awarded to the highest scoring surviving team. If no team survives, the fewest match points are awarded to the team that survives the longest with ties broken by high score.

After 3 rounds, whichever team has the fewest match points is declared the finest crew of Space Alert.

note: The overall scoring of the tournament is subject to change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |