Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a game that I just realized was released with the name spelled slightly differently than the version already entered on BGG.

I've noticed in the past that certain games will link you to an entry of a game that's listed under a different name (for example when a game is re-released under a new name even though it's the same game), but I didn't see anything in the options when creating a new entry to do this - and it didn't seem like this was worthy of a full new game entry.

The game in question is "Letras"... which has an entry already, under the name "Letres."

Not sure why there's a difference, but I thought it was worth noting for those who might have the game but might not be able to find it because of the spelling differences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadoglare wrote:
I have a game that I just realized was released with the name spelled slightly differently than the version already entered on BGG.

I've noticed in the past that certain games will link you to an entry of a game that's listed under a different name (for example when a game is re-released under a new name even though it's the same game), but I didn't see anything in the options when creating a new entry to do this - and it didn't seem like this was worthy of a full new game entry.

The game in question is "Letras"... which has an entry already, under the name "Letres."

Not sure why there's a difference, but I thought it was worth noting for those who might have the game but might not be able to find it because of the spelling differences.

Submit a correction and list the other name under "alternate name". If there's not a field for it, just put it in the comments.

Without having seen it, I would guess that the name difference is a language issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.