Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If you kill a boss and he would kill you as you kill him (i.e. if you're both melee), do you still level up (fully heal, draw ability cards, etc)?

2. If I kill an opponent with Seed of Corruption on his turn, would I get quest credit for PvP quests that say "defeat an enemy character"? Would I get to loot that opponent? (I presume not)

3. In a given turn, let's say I'm on a space with a discovery and a location event. I resolve the discovery instead of using resources, then do the event, right? Do I then draw a challenge after resolving the event (presume it doesn't move me from the spot), or no?

4. Let's say I'm on an Overlord/level up boss space, which has an aggro marker on it (I moved a creature there using some ability). If I use Portal of Summoning on an enemy character to summon him to that spot, what creature does he fight first? Can I choose to fight him and not the aggro marker? (All this presuming aggro markers can be moved onto boss spaces)?

5. In PvP, this is the correct order right?
-Use any "before rolling the dice" events. (Play secretly ALL abilities to be used, then reveal. Defender resolves his cards first)
-Roll dice
-Resolve ranged, then melee combat. Defender resolves his cards first if he plans to use events.
What if, as during ranged or melee combat, I want to use more abilities? What determines the order/resolution for those? Do both players secret cards in secret, then reveal?

6. Can a character defending in PvP use up mana potions during combat to get more than 1 energy? There's a red level wand that says during combat it gives the defending character 2 energy to use "for that combat", so does that mean 1 energy is the normal limit (and thus, that mana potions cannot be used)?

7. Do level up bosses and/or Overlords count as encounters (for the purpose of quests, i.e. if I beat the level-up boss near Booty Bay, would I get quest credit for "Pirate Hats Ahoy!"?)

8.Do you have to fight undefeated encounters on your space, whether they are aggro or not? I'm guessing the only difference between a non aggro and an aggro is that aggro stops you moving beyond that space until you fight it? But if you end movement in a space with an undefeated encounter, you still HAVE TO fight it? (and you can't then initiate combat with a character on that space after killing the mob, right?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Tremblay
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Mythdracon wrote:
1. If you kill a boss and he would kill you as you kill him (i.e. if you're both melee), do you still level up (fully heal, draw ability cards, etc)?

Yes.

***let me really doubt about it... the rules seems to pretend the exact opposite, if BOTH opponent in a combat are defeated, no reward is allowed... Unless a RANGED attack defeat a MELEE attack.

Quote:
Quote:
4. Let's say I'm on an Overlord/level up boss space, which has an aggro marker on it (I moved a creature there using some ability). If I use Portal of Summoning on an enemy character to summon him to that spot, what creature does he fight first? Can I choose to fight him and not the aggro marker? (All this presuming aggro markers can be moved onto boss spaces)?

Can't recall, but I think you get to choose.
You can't exit the space while the agro is there though, so someone has to hit him eventually.

***in the rules again, the player must fight the AGGRO first...

Quote:
7. Do level up bosses and/or Overlords count as encounters (for the purpose of quests, i.e. if I beat the level-up boss near Booty Bay, would I get quest credit for "Pirate Hats Ahoy!"?)

I play no, but im not sure if its the official answer (I just like to make the quests slightly harder).

the official reply from FFG support comfirm that they count as encounters(so er can use CHARGE for example.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

JP, that is the way I interpreted the rules you posted .

Thumbs up.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all! Looks like the rules are pretty complicated. I wish they would update their FAQ with exceptions like the one I listed...my group runs into weird situations with WOW TAG a fair bit, in my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.